Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 300C on Saturday afternoon and I now have a silver one sitting in my garage! :) I took a 135 mile trip from Westport, MA to Ansonia, CT to pick it up (Fitzpatrick's Chrysler). The people out there were pretty good to deal with. The only thing I didn't care for was something I called on last night. I told the salesman to make sure that there wasn't a dealer decal on the back of the car. The first thing I saw when I got there was.... the dealer decal :eek: I made sure that was taken off before I continued looking it over.

This car was build April 4th and it seems to pull to the right (read some info in the other post about this). Not bad, but it still does it. What is Chrysler's fix for this? I mentioned it to the saleman. He said it would have been taking care of if there was a TSB. I didn't drive that far to go home without my silver C so I figured I could deal with this later. The ride home was great!!! I deal with performance cars all day long and most (ok, all) of mine and my wife's vehicles are modified so I'm always listing to some type of induction or exhaust sound. It was so nice to drive a car like this and not listen to any of that. I spent most of the time cruising between 70-80 MPH. I filled up when I got back to my area - 21 MPG.

I've also found that this car gets tons of attention. I made it 1/2 a block out of the dealer's lot when someone driving in the other direction flagged me down to ask about the car. I thought the sales guy was kidding when he told me about stuff like that happening. I also saw my neighbor up the street on the way home. She was all over the car and said she first thought it was a Bentley. I think she's going to want one now.

A quick look at the nose of the car told me that ALOT of bugs lost their lives during my trip home. The car will be getting a few coats of Zaino this weekend (that stuff rocks!). I'll put some extra on the nose to make it easier to clearn. My E&G grill was ordered today, wheels/tires will be ordered tomorrow, tint is going on next Wednesday and then I have to find a set of HIDs for the low beams and driving lights (see sticky thread about). Of course I had to pull the stock inducton off to see if I had anything that work fit (just in case). Didn't have anything that would work but it's good to see that this system draws cool air from under the car. I'm going to see if I can have something made soon.

I think that covers everything for now. Oh yeah, the dealer was also nice enough to install the front plate bracket. That will be coming off after the car gets a sticker tomorrow.

2005 Silver 300C - just picked up up!
2005 C6 Millennium Yellow Corvette convertible - on order

2002 Silverado HD - 8" lift + much more!
2002 Supercharged 8.1 Suburban - [email protected] 95.79

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
tbyrne, congratulations. You moved really quickly from "future 300c buyer" to "The car is Home" :)

I will forward to your ownership experiences being posted.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Allright Tom! It will definately draw much attention. I thought that my SS drew attention but it was nothing compared to this! Everyone from 8 year old kids up to 80 year old men and women always compliment me on my 300C.
It's weird. I don't remember another car that had such a broad mass appeal.
You're right about the bugs. I have about 7 coats of Zaino on currently, and will probably get another 7 or 8 in before winter. :D
The dealer I bought from had put the sticker on, but luckily I was able to get it off with a credit card.
I've been on the fence for a bit about the grille, but think I will just go with the solid one. I was considering the one from E&G that had the vertical bar down the center, but have seen a few 300's around my town that have the solid one, and in person it really does look good.
Congrats on the ride! Looking forward to your posts about what you find out with the car and the little tweaks that can be done. :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
tbyrne, Congrats on your incredible head turner.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
:D Congrats on your new baby, why is it we all know about the right pull TSB and and the salesman does'nt? Because I run plateless, the bug splats seem magnified and I agree fully on the Zaino, helps them slide right off and when they and the tar don't, a little clay works wonders. Enjoy your ride. :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hey steves300C, do you have 7 full coats of Zaino. I have three applied once I got it home and after weekly washes I have been using the Gloss enhancer. How often do you gloss vs polish?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats on your new cruiser. Chrysler tells me that mine left the factory, is on the way to Michigan, then New York and finally to me in Connecticut. As for the Zaino, I have been using it for four years and love that shine!!!

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I've also been using Zaino for about 4 years. It's the easiest that I've ever used and works great!

·
Registered
153 Posts
steves300c said:
You're right about the bugs. I have about 7 coats of Zaino on currently, and will probably get another 7 or 8 in before winter. :D
The dealer I bought from had put the sticker on, but luckily I was able to get it off with a credit card.
Which Zaino do you use? I looked at their web site, and of course, they want you to use 6-8 of their products for the "best" effect. But really, on a new, black 300C, I want to lay down a good protection and keep it up regularly. I'm thinking I really only need the Z-2, and maybe the Z-5.

Your thoughts?

Also, how many coats do you apply at a time? Would I put a coat on a day for 5-6 days or lay all 6 coats on at once?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Did any of you guys get a diamond coat done?

·
Registered
149 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Hey steves300C, do you have 7 full coats of Zaino. I have three applied once I got it home and after weekly washes I have been using the Gloss enhancer. How often do you gloss vs polish?
Yep. 7 coats. :D There are actually 4 of the Z2 and 3 of the Z5. I just put a Z5 coat on after I washed it last Saturday. Then the Z6 of course. ;)
I have been washing it on average about every 10 days. On the days I don't Zaino after a wash(ie. no time), I just Z6 it.
Sal apparently changed the formula for the Z5. It doesn't have that bubble gum smell to it anymore. :(
The one thing that shocked me was when I first got the car home and did a clay job, virtually nothing came off on the Z claybar. It was as yellow as it was before I started using it on the car. I don't really need to use the Z5 I guess, because with Silver, it's hard to see scratches anyway, I just use it to fill in any just in case. lol
I've been using Zaino since I bought a 99 Tahoe new in 99 and probably won't use anything else again. It is soooo easy to use.
Don't forget, white 100 % cotton towels with 100 % cotton loops! hahaha!
Recently, my wife has been using my towels for cleaning up other things around the house(ie. dog puke). Grrrrr. I need to go out and get some more.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Lancorp said:
Which Zaino do you use? I looked at their web site, and of course, they want you to use 6-8 of their products for the "best" effect. But really, on a new, black 300C, I want to lay down a good protection and keep it up regularly. I'm thinking I really only need the Z-2, and maybe the Z-5.

Your thoughts?

Also, how many coats do you apply at a time? Would I put a coat on a day for 5-6 days or lay all 6 coats on at once?
II kings pretty much covered it, but I just wanted to add, if you buy just the ZFX and Z2, and use them mixed per directions, you can apply the polish one coat right after the other. No need to wait 24 hours between coats.
Also, since you use so very little of the Zaino products per application, one bottle of Z2, 1 ZFX, 1 Z6 and maybe 2 bottles of car wash will last you a full year. I really like the Zaino carwash stuff as it stays sudsy. Every other carwash solution I've used has broken down and loses it's sudsiness(lol) halfway through washing.
Okay, that was weird. I hit some key on my keyboard here at work and some 'Narrator' thing came on and started reading what I was typing back to me through my speakers! :eek:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Right you are steves300C about the high quality Cannon or Fieldcrest made in America 100% cotton towels. I know people like microfiber which I love for the glass (nothing better) but it feels coarse when cleaning the glass which I don't want on my clear coat. Don't forget the other Zaino tip, cut all the stitches and of course the tags off the towels. Threads probably wont hurt my cool vanilla but will kill most other colors.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you are talking about the Diamond Coat that dealers try to sell you then don't waste your money. If you feel you must do something then go to your parts store buy a can of paint sealant and a can of scotch guard and do it yourself, you will save yourself probably hundreds of dollars plus will not have Diamond Coat void your warranty when they find you did not take care of a rock chip. It's another rip-off that the dealers try to push on customers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm not familiar with Zaino? I thought I heard not to wax a new car for a couple of months? Do you use it on the lower rocker panel as well? Thanks in advances for responses.

·
Registered
149 Posts
coolvanilla said:
I'm not familiar with Zaino? I thought I heard not to wax a new car for a couple of months? Do you use it on the lower rocker panel as well? Thanks in advances for responses.
Kickin avatar ya got there! :D
For info on Zaino, you can visit their website at www.zainostore.com. Lots of useful info there.
It's perfectly fine to wax/polish your car the day you bring it home.
If you think about it for a minute, the cars are built up to several weeks before you even see it. But in any case, with today's clear coats, there is virtually no time needed to wait between a paint/clearcoat, and a wax.
I had the left front fender on my 99 Tahoe repainted and I asked them about when I could wash it or polish it(this was back in 2000), and they said within a couple of days you'll be fine. I waited 2 days and washed/polished it and everything was fine.
Also, I usually will do lower panel too.
II kings - I forgot about that part about cutting the stitching and tags off the towels. lol No Egyptian loops! :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
The main reason you are able to wax a new car is that the manufacturer can paint the panels when they are not on the car. This allows them to dry them at a high heat. If you get some body work done and have the car painted, then you need to let the newly painted area outgas for about 2-3 months before applying the wax. The body shop can only apply low heat to the paint since it is part of the car and high heat will damage the other parts of the car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone have pics of a Zaino-ed Silver C?

Could someone post a pic or two of a Silver C that has been given some Zaino lovin' ?
I'm considering purchasing Zaino for my baby, but I'd like to see what it looks like on a 300 w/ Silver Metallic ClearCoat before I spend my money. Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts