Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd share something with you from not so sunny Britain. We actually had some snow today.

I've just placed an order for a 300c CRD (probably the most common variant used here in the UK). I'm certainly not going to change my mind and thought you guys might like to know what it costs us to run such a machine.

I've even done the coversion from GBP to USD.
3.0 CRD
vehicle licence 420.00 annual tax
fuel 290.00 per 1000 Miles @ avg 30mpg @ 8.70 per gal
yearly test 44.00 only for cars over 3 years old

The vehicle licence will change next year becuase the UK is going all green and friendly (certainly not a bad thing but it would be nice if they invested at least some of the money from the various taxes back into the road system). You should also note that we now run congestion charging systems in some of our cities (London most notibly) Which could run up to 50.00 per day just to drive into the centre of the city....

I'd be interested to see how it compares to your own locales

Best wishes

BMEWS

·
Registered
774 Posts
Here in quirkiy Quebec, Canada (which is distintctly different from the Rest of Canada), here's what it runs us, converted to american $ and volume:

Registration of vehicle: $516 per year. This is based on our new "green" scale which slaps you around for driving a large displacement engine.

Fuel: $4.65 per gallon (US)

There is no mandated testing on our cars (hello cat-delete!):fing02:

Driver's license: $110 per year IF you've been a good boy and haven't racked up the demerits points. If you have, it jumps $100 per point levied against you after the first 3. BONUS: We have "no fault" insurance here with our licenses, so no one can be sued for anything that happens while operating a motor vehicle, whether you are the victim or the cause. We can't sue the idiot who broadsides us, we can't sue the government or the company that build the overpass that collapses on us (it's happened), but we can't be sued for anything either. Truly egalitarian.

Insurance: Lower than the rest of the country, due to "no fault" insurance law above.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nova acotia, Canada

I kept mine in Canadian dollars as the exchange right now is 1.00620

Moter Vehicle permit is $190.00 for 2 years
Driver's Licence $68.70 for 5 years
Annual Inspection is $25 a year.
Gas is going for $4.38 a gallon.

So per year its
Moter Vehicle permit is $95
Driver's Licence $13.74
Annual Inspection is $25

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nova acotia, Canada

I kept mine in Canadian dollars as the exchange right now is 1.00620

Moter Vehicle permit is $190.00 for 2 years
Driver's Licence $68.70 for 5 years
Annual Inspection is $25 a year.

So per year its
Moter Vehicle permit is $95
Driver's Licence $13.74
Annual Inspection is $25

Thanks for the replies.

It will get even more interesting when they introduce road charging (bound to happen in the next few years). Our annual (vehicle excise duty) tax will change next year and be based on CO2 emissions. They're also introducing what they call a "showroom tax" which may be as much as 2000.00 USD on some vehicles...

the joy of owning a car !!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

It will get even more interesting when they introduce road charging (bound to happen in the next few years). Our annual (vehicle excise duty) tax will change next year and be based on CO2 emissions. They're also introducing what they call a "showroom tax" which may be as much as 2000.00 USD on some vehicles...

the joy of owning a car !!
I blame the Hippies. It's all their tree-hugging fault.:240: :rocketwho

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I note we've yet to have a single reply from our U.S. cousins. Morelikely they're out there enjoying their cars and the cheap fuel to run them :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I note we've yet to have a single reply from our U.S. cousins. Morelikely they're out there enjoying their cars and the cheap fuel to run them :)
:fing02: cost of running over here in the uk is a joke,i used to own a x5 .tax £400 a year,petrol £85 to fill it an running around 13mpg ..glad we got our srt 8 tourer:fing02:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
still only a couple of Brits and Canadians replied? Do the rest of you have FREE motoring? :) Or maybe, just maybe you're appreciative that your motorings costs aren't so bad. Oh well, it'll only be a few more years before everyone is forced to implement the kyoto accord... then where will that leave us?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
BMEWS and the Canadians, thanks for the info.

I guess we are so embarrassed by our much lower costs, we don't want to tell.

Virginia, USA

My car is due for an emissions test ($20) before I can renew its registration ($44/yr).
yearly safety inspection $20
county property tax - ?
county sticker $20
errr (embarassed) driver's license is good for 5 yrs. $20
gasoline avg 20 mpg @ $3.40, typical fillup is in the $45 range once a week = $2340/yr
insurance - I think $420/yr, will confirm
oil change & fluids check ave. $65 (includes oil)

I will confirm all the numbers tonight.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Virginia, USA

My car is due for an emissions test ($20) before I can renew its registration ($44/yr).
county property tax - ?
county sticker $20
gasoline avg 20 mpg @ $3.40, typical fillup is in the $45 range once a week = $2340/yr

Thanks for the reply Rick, looks like the major difference is the fuel cost. The UK Govt puts such a high duty on fuel. I suspect that's where the majority of the difference is.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Virginia, USA

county property tax - ?
county sticker $20

$420/year for insurance? wow that's amazing....that's how much I pay in like 3 months......I hate being 20..for this reason....insurance prices.....

·
Registered
774 Posts
$420/year for insurance? wow that's amazing....that's how much I pay in like 3 months......I hate being 20..for this reason....insurance prices.....
Don't worry, youth is temporary :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Don't forget to add in the purchase cost of the car too, an SRT8 300C starts from $82,200 in the UK!! The CRD starts from $55,100.

Also diesel is nudging $10.80 a gallon near me and I live about 2 miles across the river from a bloody oil refinery!

Stef

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Here's another from the US, although my fuel costs will be askew from most here due to the type of driving I do - 95% stop and go on short trips (under 5 miles. My typical, all-city driving average speed per tank of gas is <16 mph.).

5.7L 300C
(annual)
Vehicle License: $58 (incl. personalization fee)
Property tax: $311 (based on retail vehicle value, Jan 1 each year)
Driver's license: $4
Safety and emissions inspection: $30
Insurance: $572
Fuel : $1773 (6200 mi. @ $286 per 1000 miles - 12 mpg avg. @ 3.43 per US gal.)
Oil & fluids: $155
Wash, wax, detailing: $875

(...but then I pay 100% of my medical expenses, too, through insurance premiums and out-of-pocket charges - ~$7500 annually, if I don't have an accident or get a disease.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Any of those that purchase these cars in England are some rich people. Ive been working here for 6 weeks now and have only seen 2 300Cs. I looked my SRT8 up and there over 80,000 US dollars here. I was thinking bout shipping a SRT8 car over here and selling it to make money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts