Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up again guys...Thanks for answering all my questions before ...real good info...

But I just came back from the dealership and they said that they could get me the 300 LX with leather added for an additional 15 hundred....

What I want to know from you guys is:

As far as Interior goes:

Will I notice a Big difference between the interiors on these two and if so what differences?
between a 300 LX with added leather & the 300 TOURING.....

Also,

If I can get a 2008 LX with leather and a LIFE TIME WARRENTY (on engine, transmition and such....NOt electrical stuf)..for 19,000 OTD

Should I pull the trigger on that or get a 2007 Touring?

THANKs AGain

·
Registered
465 Posts
you need to be more specific? v8 or v6 model? the v8 300c's come with leather and the v6's have it as an option (if i recall). the SRt8's come with a suede style interior

·
Registered
435 Posts
AGh... whatever you do, DONT LET THE DEAL "ADD" ANYTHING TO YOUR CAR!!
Having the dealer install add something to your vehicle is a
$h!T deal...
let me explain...

I have sold cars for a local dealership and unless the cars came from the factory equipped with what you want it either:

A) is another car- called a dealer trade if what you want is not in current inventory but at a nearby dealer. or

B) "Added/Installed" this is basically outsourcing additions to your ride. They go to local customizing shops and ask them to install whatever it is you want and then add their own mark up....

This P1$$ES Me OFF to no end,
cause
you could get more car for your buck, or you could save some $$ and get some more mods.

The dealer will tell you how much of a great deal you're getting but whatever..

only good reason to do this is that you get to finance the additional cost (keep in mind you'll be paying the interest on the marked up items too)

This is JMO, having been on the selling end of this, My Advice is to find a local customizing shop and have them do the work or ask the dealer who their vendor is (they might/might-not tell you)...

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Do you know of many customise shops that will install a FULL leather package (purchase the skins plus labor) for $1500?

I put Katzkins leather in my Rumble Bee and did the labor myself (and it's a friggen Pick Up!) and the Katzkins were $1200 for JUST the skins.

Doesn't sound like the dealer is "hosing" him to me...

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Check carsdirect, but from what I see leather isn't an option on the LX, even with the great american package.

If it's aftermarket, I'd ask them to show you a car with it done, or have the option to still walk away when it's done, because I think it *REALLY* depends on the installer, one of the things about those katzkins installs I've seen, is if it's not just right it'll look a little unprofessional.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I must be a GOD then! :)

New seat covers aren't like old one's.. Damn you should have seen me recover my 68 Vette seats... WOW that was rough! The seats in the Ram were so easy, a Retarded Caveman could do it! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would get the base model and get Katzkin. There leather is sick!! my boy has it in his chevy show truck, black w/gator inserts. amazingly tasteful

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had a Tahoe done for me (didn't have time to do it myself then) for $800.
Two front captain chairs, visors, center console and rear folding seat.

Not knocking dealer sales, but they are not known for being mark up friendly.

There are a lot of shops that have the patterns ready, if you are not looking for something out of the ordinary (like Luis -V, print or something crazy like that) you should find it for a relatively lesser cost.

but if you want to save yourself the hassle then go for it...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would get the base model and get Katzkin. There leather is sick!! my boy has it in his chevy show truck, black w/gator inserts. amazingly tasteful
Did you just say "Gator seats" and "amazingly tasteful" in reference to each other??:scared:

Just kidding, to each his own.

Anyway, like others have said, check the car out with them first, then you'll know what to do. The touring has more creature comforts though.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Something smells very fishy about "adding" leather to a car that it wasn't an option on in the first place. This is what a desperate dealer does when they don't have the car you want. They tell you a lie or try to find something different for you. Chrysler Dealerships don't specialize in fabricating custom leather interiors, so they would have to send it elsewhere for the work. Trust me. The factory leather package on the touring model will probably be better than what they can do. Besides that, the touring comes with a bunch of other standard stuff in addition to the leather, so find a dealer that has what you want. Don't settle.

Whats up again guys...Thanks for answering all my questions before ...real good info...

But I just came back from the dealership and they said that they could get me the 300 LX with leather added for an additional 15 hundred....

What I want to know from you guys is:

As far as Interior goes:

Will I notice a Big difference between the interiors on these two and if so what differences?
between a 300 LX with added leather & the 300 TOURING.....

Also,

If I can get a 2008 LX with leather and a LIFE TIME WARRENTY (on engine, transmition and such....NOt electrical stuf)..for 19,000 OTD

Should I pull the trigger on that or get a 2007 Touring?

THANKs AGain

·
Registered
113 Posts
Generall when you have the dealer out sourse your car to have leather you get a better quality leather, unlike most of us with the stock "leather" wich is really pleather, you will get real leather! But i got my 300c for 18500 so i would keep looking! Never want a deal sooo bad that you cant walk away! Trust me on this one, if u walk away they will call you the next day and give you a lower price. With the economy in a recession like we are they a dieing to sell cars!:fing02:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I think it is risky to buy a car that doesn't have what you want in it from the beginning. If the car is purchased and the interior contractor uses substandard leather or does a lousy job, you are stuck with it because you already paid for it. Once the dealer has sold the car, they will find a place who can do the work for the least amount of money. It's different when you buy a car and go someplace reputable and get the work done yourself. Without knowing who is going to do the work or any references, it is risky to buy, IMO.

Generall when you have the dealer out sourse your car to have leather you get a better quality leather, unlike most of us with the stock "leather" wich is really pleather, you will get real leather! But i got my 300c for 18500 so i would keep looking! Never want a deal sooo bad that you cant walk away! Trust me on this one, if u walk away they will call you the next day and give you a lower price. With the economy in a recession like we are they a dieing to sell cars!:fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Well, you can get completely aftermarket vinyl too lol. So it's a tossup, the OEM leather actually does have SOME leather in it, and I happen to love what there is (wish it was all leather, but I can't afford that XD)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts