Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
Dammit - I need to change my badges to 391 now?!?!?! What the hell.......

Anybody have any ideas for a replacement?
From Chrysler or personal?

Reactions: Lettercar

Registered
FWIW, I'll still keep my two 5.7 DCX rides (Magnum and Jeep GCO) and I replaced my 06 300C SRT8 with a Tesla Model S Plaid. Main reasons for this are that I am getting older by the day and it's more difficult to work on them (even though I have everything I need....hoist, tools, heated garage, etc.) and, working on them is no longer as much fun as it used to be. I still work on their topsides, but getting under them is the pits now. I just figured that it's time to move on to something I don't have to work on so much and doesn't need modding.....except for wheels/tires. I'll never get rid of my two Hemi's though.....if I can help it.

The Tesla, so far, is totally maintenance free (couldn't fix it if I wanted to anyway) and, with the regenerative braking, I'll probably never have to replace the brake pads. It's also better on the highway with autopilot, has a great range (about 320-340 usable miles), and is faster than fast....9.3 @148 mph in the quarter mile....in Plaid mode. Cost to charge it at home is about $6-8 and, so far, the most I've paid on the road (Tesla Superchargers) is about $28, or about 30-40 cents per Kwh.

Registered
I think the Genesis G80 is about the last of the most similar vehicles to the 300. The Caddy CT6 was too until it was discontinued a couple years ago. Other German brand cars are in the stratosphere.

The upcoming 300 successor Chrysler Airflow looks interesting and probably modern as heck. I really like my wife鈥檚 Caddy XT5 and the new Lyriq is a knockout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheKrell

Registered
My personal opinion: all Teslas look like heck except for the Roadster. ;) Well, I like the Semi too.
I'll somewhat agree with you on this. IMO, they did great with the front end and the back end, but the lines from the top to the back are not as "sleek"looking as they could be. The front end is very aerodynamic (0.21 drag coefficient) and looks great. The poor design is very obvious to me when I look at it's profile view. IMO, the S's are way better looking than the 3's, Y's and X's. I like the roadster and semi too, but think the pickup is terrible. I don't care for the sharp, boxy lines on it. I'd like to see one though....maybe I'd change my mind.

Reactions: TheKrell

Registered
I will say the 2nd gen LX car platform is the finest car Chrysler ever produced. I won't be replacing mine with anything but a newer one. I saw the 2023 specs just the other day and my local dealer says all the orders for the C model are filled already.
I STILL get compliments on my car, and I still love getting behind the wheel every chance I can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts