Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the car wash about two hours ago and I was finishing up with the spot free rinse and this guy about my age walks by and says "Woah nice ride dude!" So I was like "Thanks a lot" and he stops over and we start talking about the 300.

He says how does it run, I said quite well with a 340HP Hemi. He says "is that a V8?" I was like yes and he then says "Wow a FWD V8?". Of course I went on to explain that it's a RWD platform that shares some parts from the previous generation E Class bla bla bla and he looked inside and just loved the car.

It amazes me though, that most of the general public has no clue that these cars come with V8's and are all RWD...

If Chrysler can't shake the crap box FWD Rental Car image from J6P's how will they ever crawl from the hole they are in!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The average car consumer today doesnt know anything about the technical aspecets of a vehicle produced today. They have all been brainwashed by the press into thinking that only foreign car makers produce a quality product. This isnt to say that domestic manufacturers didnt deserve the bad rap, but that time has long since past.
When was the last time you heard about a major foreign car recall?
When a domestic brand has a recall it is front page "Yellow journalism".

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chuck,

No doubt! Foreign car (or Asian I should say) car manufacturers go to GREAT lengths to hide the truth from the consumer. Alldata.com was threatened by Honda Motor Company to remove the TSB and Recall information on Honda vehicles or they would be sued. Why hide it? Can't tarnish that carefully crafted (albeit untrue) reputation that Asian cars don't break down..

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Most Hondas are made in the US (Ohio?), our 300s were made in Canada, a lot of Ford are made in Mexico, and most low end Chryslers have mitsubishi engines.

Those Hondas are more American than the real American cars, half the time >_> The only real american cars are generally like the mustang, the F-series, the Rams, the silverados. I hate trucks >_<

·
Registered
41 Posts
OoTLink
There are a lot of variables not only in implimenting the manufacturing process but the relationship between the workers and management.The most graphic example is that of a Dr. Demming who developed statistical process control. Demming took his idea to Ford, who tried to use the program not to improve the process but as a disciplinary tool and the program failed. Demming packed his stuff and took it to Japan. Once implimented properly we have been playing catchup ever since.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OOT,

It is not the 80's so saying "foreign car" is certainly under blurred lines. But when I say Foreign Car I am talking about the "company" which Honda is Foreign. Asian based car manufacturing companies have different thought processes they always have. In America if a worker screws up, does he feel as if he has "shamed his family"? No... But that still goes on in Japan...

Honda and other Asian based manufacturers have spent a great deal of time polishing their reputations so that they could position themselves in the market like they have, and as such, will do anything they can to protect the reputation via any means they can.

That's why when GM has some trucks that blew up because of a poor gas tank design the media of course was all over it.. But where was the media when Honda had to recall a few million Civics due to faulty wiring in the dash which caused fires?

I have to give Toyota more credit that Honda.... Honda loves to sweep mistakes under the rug.. Toyota on the other hand, comes out and addresses the issues, like buying back potentially millions of trucks due to frame corrosion. Yes they bought back my Cousin's 97 Toy for far more than it's worth.. So much that she was able to get a 01 Rav4 for $0.00 out of her pocket. That's impressive....

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have to give Toyota more credit that Honda.... Honda loves to sweep mistakes under the rug.. Toyota on the other hand, comes out and addresses the issues, like buying back potentially millions of trucks due to frame corrosion. Yes they bought back my Cousin's 97 Toy for far more than it's worth.. So much that she was able to get a 01 Rav4 for $0.00 out of her pocket. That's impressive....

well this must be a changing fad. because the tundras have been having problems, that should be addressed by toyota. but everyone seems to be getting the runaround.

there is an issue with alot of peoples frames, where the truck will vibrate so bad on a paved freeway. that you cant even speak to the person in the passenger seat.

also the tail gates are weak. and they crack from loading ATV's. something the truck should be built to do.

fortunately for me, i havent had any of these problems.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someguy,

Wow I did not know there were having issues with the Tundras. My Mother's Husband is on his third Tundra (he likes new truck smell, a LOT) :) He hasn't had any issues other than pitting of the alloy rims, other than that it's been a good vehicle.

At the end of the day, they ALL have problems.. It's how well the manufacturer can hide the problems that makes a happy consumer, after all, ignorance is bliss! (That should be Honda's Slogan!)

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
*ponders that* my car is really F-ing noisy on the freeway, lol. I'm not sure if it's the BFGs or some seals that are really messed up, because between the wind noise and the road noise you'd think I was doing 100 in a hurricane.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No noise in my 300C running on GoodYear Assurance (as much as I hate GoodYear I have to say, these are some of the most quiet, smooth tires I've ever had on a car).

·
Registered
931 Posts
Someguy,

Wow I did not know there were having issues with the Tundras. My Mother's Husband is on his third Tundra (he likes new truck smell, a LOT) :) He hasn't had any issues other than pitting of the alloy rims, other than that it's been a good vehicle.

At the end of the day, they ALL have problems.. It's how well the manufacturer can hide the problems that makes a happy consumer, after all, ignorance is bliss! (That should be Honda's Slogan!)

there is also the paint issue. i have never seen cheap paint like this on a car. i have put more highway miles on my 300 than my tundra. but you would think i had been driving the tundra through sand dunes. the whole front end is sandblasted. and there is chips everywhere from rock dings. i wish someone would key the thing. so i could get a free paint job from insurance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I live on Long Island and I would have to say it seems like half the general population owns a 300. It pisses me off; I remember back in '06 I would turn heads going down the street. Now I feel lost in the pack.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
What surprises me is that journalists don't know these cars either, they put them down for bad mileage but gush over a dang Subaru that has very similar mileage.

Someguys300c, the paint on our aluminum hoods is a lot better now, at least better than the stuff on the LH cars. The hood on my Concorde was pockmarked by the third year from little stones. I do believe Chrysler learns and improves from one model to the next.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Someguys300c, the paint on our aluminum hoods is a lot better now, at least better than the stuff on the LH cars. The hood on my Concorde was pockmarked by the third year from little stones. I do believe Chrysler learns and improves from one model to the next.
i was actually praising my 300's paint in comparison to my toyota tundra.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
I was at the car wash about two hours ago and I was finishing up with the spot free rinse and this guy about my age walks by and says "Woah nice ride dude!" So I was like "Thanks a lot" and he stops over and we start talking about the 300.

He says how does it run, I said quite well with a 340HP Hemi. He says "is that a V8?" I was like yes and he then says "Wow a FWD V8?". Of course I went on to explain that it's a RWD platform that shares some parts from the previous generation E Class bla bla bla and he looked inside and just loved the car.

It amazes me though, that most of the general public has no clue that these cars come with V8's and are all RWD...

If Chrysler can't shake the crap box FWD Rental Car image from J6P's how will they ever crawl from the hole they are in!

sorry to say but the general population doesn't know their a$$ from a Toyota, much less anything else..

if it doesn't have 30 inch wheels and tons of stick on chrome, port holes, and other crap most people wouldn't know what it was or what to do with it....

it amazes me how many mustang owner think I drive a grandpa car, and how many grandpa's think I drive a Ford...

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
I once had an old lady ask me if I our car was a Cadillac. XD

Just be glad you're not a modern day prole driving around a "crossover" - worse yet if it's a hybrid. Ugh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts