·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While parked at my local walmart tonight, this is what happened :(

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396589299.042124.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396589309.117047.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396589319.087458.jpg

The headlight was also scratched... I don't know how noticeable it will be tomorrow during day light! I'm devastated :'(

·
Registered
859 Posts
Most Walmarts have security cameras that video not only the inside, but the outside as well.

I would try to go back to the store, and talk to a manager, and ask if you can look at the
video of the parking lot from the day this happened.

The cameras may have picked up what happened to your car.

Its worth a shot. If they say no, you are no worse off then you are right now.
If they say yes, and find something, then you will have some recourse in getting
the person responsible for the damages to pay up.

Jim

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the reply Jim, at night you can see because if the lights and shadows, but we'll see how bad it's during the day time!

·
Registered
859 Posts
If the dent does not have a sharp crease in it, and there is no peeling paint, you might be able
to have the car fixed by Paintless Dent Repair.

I have had several cars fixed using Paintless Dent Repair, and they do great work!

Basically, if the dent is not creased, they can work the dents out from underneath. With todays
paints having more and more flex agents added to them, the paint has a lot more "give" to it,
and the metal can be worked out without the paint peeling off.

The cost is pretty cheap compared to traditional methods of body work, and the best part is,
the dents can be worked out in an hour or two, and your car keeps its original paint!!

I had a 1994 Eagle Talon that was hit in the passenger side door. The whole center of the door
was caved in, and I thought I was going to have get a whole new door.

I called the same Paintless Dent Repair guy I had used twice before, and he came out to look
at the car, and he said he thought he could make it look alot better. He said he might not be
able to get the entire dent out 100 percent, but he would try his best.

Well let me tell you, when he was done, if I didn't tell you it was hit, you would never know it! If you
stood at the front or back of the car, and looked really closely at the door, you could see just
a slight bit of waveyness to it, but only if I told you exactly where to look.

He did a fantastic job, and it only cost me $175.00. My car retained its original paint, and I
was very happy.

Do a google search for Paintless Dent Repair. There are people who do it all over the place, and
most car dealerships use them to remove door dings, hail damage, and other things from their
leased cars, when they are turned back in, so they can re-sell them at a premium.

Good luck, and I hope the Godfather is all better soon!

Jim

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Cardinal rule.... when going to walmart, ALWAYS park at the back of the lot cuz most of the ghetto farks that go there don't give a damn about other peoples sh*t! Sorry man...

Suction is also a good way to pull dents back out, again as long as there is no crease. But it looks like there is one since it's sooo close to the edge.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The back of Walmart parking lot or on the side where the mechanics center is the best two places to park. Yeah you have to walk but when you walk back to your car it won't be damaged. Sorry to hear/see this bro

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well no major scratches, I can see it because I know the dent is there, not vey noticeable, just needs to be waxed to take minimal scratches away... I really don't want to pay someone to repair it right now so it's going to stay like that... Oh well!

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396618126.458940.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396618150.579922.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396618184.715663.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396618225.697229.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Can't really tell from the pictures though...

On another note, if I take down the front bumper and take off that headlight; do you guys think I would be able to shape it back up? I'm guessing I would be able to hit it from underneath?

I just don't know how hard it could be to take that headlight...

·
Registered
913 Posts
The paintless dent removal guy is the way to go. Don't do it yourself- you will F*#K it up and regret it later. These guys do this everyday. I have used paintless dent removal guys many times and they are well worth the few bucks that they charge for their service.

Reactions: FAKESRT

·
Registered
274 Posts
For this reason, I always park as far as possible where there are no cars except my beast lol.its ok to take a 2 min walk.

For the hit, I would go back to walmart and ask for the security cameras. So if you have an insurance they will fix it

·
Registered
859 Posts
The paintless dent removal guy is the way to go. Don't do it yourself- you will F*#K it up and regret it later. These guys do this everyday. I have used paintless dent removal guys many times and they are well worth the few bucks that they charge for their service.
Agreed!

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
Yep this is why i DO not go to wall mart..EVER...Still have a rear passinger door ding at the fenderwell.. and yes i was parked in the north forty... went in with noone around me came out and like 20 cars parked around me..But the one that did it must have known and left after the fact ,and someone else was there ..differant paint.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well yesterday my wife wanted to go eat out with friends, I wanted to work on my car, so I left work 2hrs early. I took the whole front bumper and headlight off to try to fix the dent... I did okay, looks better at least! Washed it and waxed some spots where there scratches... And detailed the inside...

Here are some pics at work this morning...

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396714754.052728.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1396714841.895740.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Reason #843 not to go to Wal-Mart.

Reactions: Sodak

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Yep this is why i DO not go to wall mart..EVER...Still have a rear passinger door ding at the fenderwell.. and yes i was parked in the north forty... went in with noone around me came out and like 20 cars parked around me..But the one that did it must have known and left after the fact ,and someone else was there ..differant paint.
I to have found this to happen also you park far away and come back out and there are cars all around yours. I call it the car magnet effect. The only remedy for this is to take to spots by parking at a angle in the north forty that way they can't get you or your doors and if there is a curb or corner near by use that as a blocker also...

Reactions: Sodak
1 - 20 of 26 Posts