Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a 2006 300c heritage edition the plan was to do a little work repair the engine and drive it. After a little time under the hood I have found this car needs a lot more work than planned. So now it’s a project car. So I am starting on getting the front windows to work. It sounds dumb but the car lives outside and the drivers window is stuck down most of the way.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's going on with the engine?
Well it looks like at one point the intake caught on fire and a new one was Installed. When I bought the car I knew it was smoking real bad and missing. It seems to be all on the drivers side. After I started messing with it I found where someone had tried to splice a wire harness for the engine back together. Poorly I might ad. Then it was super hot and like a dummy I didn’t check the function of the front windows. Which don’t work. So this may be a bit of a bigger project then I had was looking for. But it can be fixed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured I would do a little update. I bought another 2006 300c. This one is an srt8. It was wrecked so I figured I would do an engine swap. It has 110k on it. So I figured should be a fairly easy swap. Wrong!! I can’t for the life of me begin to understand what people do to these poor cars. I pulled off the cylinder heads and found 2 broken pistons! It amazes me the thing even ran. I got it for a good deal because the oil pressure read out said 5p when I started it. It wasn’t making a single sound. I thought the sender unit must be bad. Nope the cam and lifters are shot too. Crazy stuff. So now I am building the 6.1 for the heritage car.
Motor vehicle Automotive engine gasket Audio equipment Gas Automotive tire

Audio equipment Auto part Automotive wheel system Metal Automotive tire

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8
161 Posts
The true definition of a project taking a turn on you. Should be fun though! Keep us posted, I got my popcorn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts