Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gentlemen. Sorry if the post is a big long, but I just want to share a few insights I have of my new 2013 300 with my fellow mates:

I'll come back to the car I promise, but first let me give a little introduction. I am a professional dancer, and when I mean professional, I mean I have honestly danced on huge stages all across the world. From the Lincoln Center in New York City to the Kennedy Center in DC; Radio City Music Hall to the Nokia Theater of LA. Music halls of Belgium, England, Germany, Australia... I've been everywhere. And the one thing, one quintessential aspect of a timeless performance I have learned from all these years of dancing and performing fundamentally comes down to one thing: "the IT factor".

So what is the "IT" factor? I can tell you this is the question every artist will try to pursue in his or her life. The "IT" factor is something that only certain people have; the eye catching spirit that draws the audience's soul into the performance and keeps them there; the mysterious energy that takes breaths away with just one glance... but what is it exactly?

Some dancers have beautiful, long legs. Some have the most stunning smiles the world will ever see. Some can spin like a russian roulette. Some can defy gravity with their jumps. But despite their amazing abilities and their energetic performance, they are missing that vital, vital part... they dance with their body; they don't dance with their heart.

And then comes the star of the show. He isn't the star because he has higher hops or better flexibility. He's the star because he can just somehow walk across the stage, stop... look up, and continue walking... and just that, somehow the energy is more explosive than everything before him.

I hope you see where I'm going with this.

The new Chrysler 300s really steal the show on the road. Sure they may not be the fastest, or have the best MPG, or have the perfect wood trimmed and leather stitched interior, or have the most nimble steering or perfect body... but dam, when a 300 drives along, people will notice. And when it struts across and slows down at the red light, the audience hold their breath and waits. And when the lights turn green, you step on that pedal and hear that Hemi roar, the audience applauds and their attention drawn to nothing but the bold, brash and demanding nature that is the 300.

Cadillacs, Mercedes, BMWs, Lincoln.... beware. There's a new star in town.

And it's got the "IT" factor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm with you! Even though there are "better" cars, as faster cars... I love my 2013 300c, and yes it does get a lot of attention from other people!

·
Registered
120 Posts
it gets even better when it's lowered with some nice wheels.

the shoulders and body lines really come out after it gets lowered with the wheels.

it's just looks tough.

·
Registered
120 Posts
actually u can make it happen with 20". It just needs to be very aggressive with slightly stretched oem sized 245 45 20 tires. 22" is visually, the best mated size for the 300 but the weight factor and performance takes a huge huge hit. Your probably looking at a 15 percent decrease in mpg right off the bat.

With 20s? Who makes lowering kits?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
when a 300 drives along, people will notice. And when it struts across and slows down at the red light, the audience hold their breath and waits.
Nice story, but... It has been almost a year since I bought my 300, and I have never observed this, even from my fellow 300 owners! Not while driving, not at the light, not when parked. I think you're confusing Chrysler with Ferrari. ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Stellar post GJ! I'm at work but you make me want to leave and re-experience that certain ultra-cachet this car exudes and is enjoyed by many.

Regrettably, the next "show" starts at 6:15... Anyway, thanks, and (of course) break a leg!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks Mike, my real show starts in a few hours. I need to do make up, warm up... busy, busy, busy. I do miss my 300 though; dance tours are long and tiring. But regardless, the passion will always be there, to dance and to drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts