Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the ohm rating on all the speakers in the sg2 package? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Somewhat related.. with the sg2 when you press the right turn knob, do you have an adjustment for subwoofer or just bass/treble/mid range?

·
Registered
887 Posts
jeffp, where did you get the 8 ohms from - can you confirm that? I remember a post here somewhere that stated the front 3.5's are 2ohm verified by a meter?

MrHappy, no sub control.

·
Registered
79 Posts
2 ohms by meter seems a bit high. The DC resistance is usually real low on higher power rated speakers, in the range of an ohm or less I'd suspect. The 8 ohms is the impedance (basically an AC resistance at audio frequency range - I think the industry standard is either done at 600 or 1000 Hz). Value is from the service manual in the audio systems section somewhere. I went looking for it a while back as I needed to use the center front speaker for a VHF radio and wanted to put a dummy load on the sound system so as not to leave the output open. Needed to find the right value to use, which is why I went digging in the manual. Remembered the number right off as I had to parallel a bunch (4) 33 ohmers together. If you use 4 ohm speakers, I wouldn't expect you'd see much difference in sound, probably a bit more distortion at very loud levels.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
MrHappy said:
Somewhat related.. with the sg2 when you press the right turn knob, do you have an adjustment for subwoofer or just bass/treble/mid range?
I have bass/treble/midrange along with fade and balance showing on the GPS display.
I do not recognize your description of "right turn knob". What are you trying to describe? If there is an independent way to pump up the sub-woofer I like to hear it (pun pun).

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I have the SG II without Navi so our radios are different. If you'd like to trade, I'll throw in my 2nd knob for free! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts