Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all let me start off by saying I have searched these forums to death and have yet to get a answer to the problem I am having. So let me explain.
First off I started by buying a car and I didn’t test the power windows. I always do this! Well not always as it turns out. I got home went to roll up the drivers window and wouldn’t you know nothing happened. So I tried the passenger front window. Nothing. At least it was all the way up. Next the rear windows. Which work fine.
Now I have done every fix I could find on the web from fuse pulling to new window switch. Well not new pulled from the other car which works fine. I have pulled on every wire tested the harness for shorts. Again nothing. So today I tried the power mirrors. And….. nothing. They don’t work either. So I am thinking door control module. Now my touring door module is different from the C.
My question for all of you great folks is am I missing something? Should I be looking at something and I am not? Any help would be great. This can’t be that hard to fix. Thanks for any help.
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Electrical wiring

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Trunk Automotive exterior
Plant Gadget Electrical wiring Electronic engineering Cable
Calipers Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a volt meter. I have checked power going to the door. And to the door control module. I also checked all the wires from the door plug to all in door wire connectors. I am pretty sure it’s the door control module. Only because the power mirrors also don’t work along with the front windows. My understanding is that the rear windows are hard wired to the switches and the front windows run through can bus. Everything else in the car seems to work fine. My only worry is the memory seat seems to work fine. But I didn’t try to reprogram it and see if it works correctly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BobF it looks like all the problems I am have g have the door control module in common. I am going to start there. I have a new one on order due in the 17th. I hope it is that easy. I have a backup switch I can use off my other car. My other idea is a body control module if there is one. I haven’t started looking for that yet. I was also a bit confused on the wiring going to the window regulator. Why are there like 6 wires going to it? I believe I downloaded a service manual for it. It was being a bit of a pain to safe to my pc but I am sure I can figure it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did get the one you sent. All 9k pages. Lol thank you so much. The drivers window is the one I am talking about. I am just not sure why Chrysler made it the way they did. I am sure there is a reason but dang. I will be looking through the manual to get this show started. I won’t be home until the 24th. So no work until then. I also located a replacement engine that I will be ordering. Get this thing up and running. I need to look at cams and thinking about doing gaskets and seals while the engine is out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I sure did. And all fuses and circuit breakers tested good. I even have power at some of the connections in the door. Thanks for all the help Bob I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok I got home today and swapped out my door control module. Well…. Still nothing the front windows and mirrors are still not working. I plan on getting another 300c tomorrow and then I will try some more trouble shooting on my 2006. Any ideas where I should start?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts