Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
ouch

Well that usless. Why give it all the HP and then stop it. Itsnt the limiter on the C 155.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i was thinking! what's the point if the C but espically the SRT are limited @155mph?

I guess both have to wait for the programmers to get on the ball!?

·
Registered
59 Posts
tekhen said:
Top speed (governor limited): 155 mph
So what. I'd be willing to be the total # of people that will ever see this as a practical problem (even on the track) will be nill. Who's gonna push 155+? No one. And I'm sure it covers them (Chrysler) for liability, etc.

I've bounced the speed limiter on a couple cars (1996 BMW 328is 127mph, 2003 MINI Cooper S 127mph) at the track... but 155? How many people actually plan to regularly track their SRT-8 and think this will really be a problem?

I'm sure tuners will have flashes available in short order for it though as you point out...

This is a good vote - do you think you will upgrade your chip? (engine mapping, rev limiter and speed limiter functions)

I will not personally be taking it anywhere beyond stock. Others?

·
Registered
440 Posts
It’s all because cop cars only go 156 MPH, just kidding. I believe that’s it’s a European thing, most Merc’s and BMW’s are limited to 155 (I believe). Kev E55 will chime in and give us the scope.

PS I've seen 126 MPH in my C and it was rock solid.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davequick said:
So what. I'd be willing to be the total # of people that will ever see this as a practical problem (even on the track) will be nill. Who's gonna push 155+? No one. And I'm sure it covers them (Chrysler) for liability, etc.

dave, I will agree with you to a certain extent, as I will not be driving at 155+ and I will not be putting my C on the track. buuuuuttttttt

It seems to be the 'principle' for a Hemi (5.7 or 6.1). I might not go that fast now but who knows in the future? If I did have the SRT then I would be going to the track and putting her to the pavement!!

The SRT is a muscle car!!
It gets to a point where it's like a Hummer...it deserves to be taken off road
(not justed moded to death) or in this case raced. Those who only do city or highway are "frontin"(IMO)

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Scarbrs said:
Well that usless. Why give it all the HP and then stop it. Itsnt the limiter on the C 155.
The limiter on the C is 126, saw it first hand while running a camaro SS. I had him all the way till we passed 126. It really sucked.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well, if you are truly capable of driving at 135, much less 155 - you wouldn't want to drive on public roads now would you?
Granny, road pizza and the odd cop might otherwise put a little damper on such "sensible" practices, no?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Redman, where have you been? All you guys who plan to up grade or even run at 126 should seriously think about getting the LTPWS (first on Corvette in 1984), at those speeds a blowout will have you see your maker sooner than expected, you might also consider modern run flats as an added margin of safety. The Germans have a gentleman's agreement to limit to 155 because the panty whipped bellyachers complained loud enough that lawmakers considered speed limits on the autobahn and this agreement solved tht issue and maintained thier birthright. I have no concerns about a reasonable limit on the C or SRT8, most of us will never go that fast, and those who want to will figure a way to do it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I read something funny in this month's Car and Driver that said something to the effect of the Germans spending so much money and effort on building cars that will do 300 MPH....and then limiting them to 155. Thought that was rather hillarious. Seriously, though every time I hit 126 I feel guilty for driving so fast. Then pissed that I can't go faster. Then scared because thats like 2.1 miles per minute, or 4 ft per second squared. Lots of bad stuff can happen at that speed! We should all keep the shiny side up, our cars a beautiful!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts