Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's all wish John Ketron a huge "that a daddy"!
He has a new son!!!
I just got a text message from him...
This is the 1st guy to go supercharger on a SRT8 and the 1st owner of the recent Motor Trend featured car...
and one of the orginal 225 cars in the USA owners...
some of the "old timers" will remember him...
the new guys...
give him props for throwing money at the SRTATE...
so we can benefit overall...
once again, way to go mom!!!
:wink1:
as anyone who knows Johnny...
we all know who did the real work...

this is just great news for me...
I had to go to a funeral today for the guy who operated on my ankle he was 40 and had a 7-week old son...

as they say...
god giveth and taketh away...

a huge hug to everyone!!!
I love you guys!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
No idea who you are...but anyone having a child deserves a congrats. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Agreed, greatest gift you can ever get is a newborn. 1 million times more valuable than every material thing you will ever own. I got a 2yr old daughter and we're trying for another for this year hopefully. Best thing that ever happened to me starting a family (closely followed by all my years of backpacking round the world, and ordering my srt8!!)

Congratulations whoever you are!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm....
where to start...

ok, JMatt - he sold it because - he was on a trip (cruise) for 2 weeks...
didn't see the car for 3 weeks...
then would have it for a week before SEMA maybe and then "lose" it again for 2 weeks for SEMA...
so John at GS Motorsports made him an offer he couldn't refuse...
and John sold it to John...
yep, if you are not a John and don't own a LX platform car - you are one of the minority... :biggrin:

for the guys that are new...
like I said - JKetron is the 1st guy to get the supercharger in the entire 300C, Magnum or 300 SRT8 arena...
he lead the way...
and flogged her along the way doing it... :biggrin:

not bad for a engineering geek...
definitely no pocket protector on this guy... :wink1:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had to go to a funeral today for the guy who operated on my ankle he was 40 and had a 7-week old son...
as they say...

Chris,
I'm sorry about the death. Congrats to John.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doyle said:
as they say...

Chris,
I'm sorry about the death. Congrats to John.

Doyle,
thanks!
great guy...
and his wife worked with mine...
so too close...
guys...
make sure you at least have a life insurance policy for you spouse and kid (s)...
trust me...
just sick thinking of it...
but on an upbeat note...
JKETRON HAS A BOY!!!
oh god!
he lives way to close to SD and my daughters!!!
ARGH!!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey guys, just thought I would stick my head in here again. Thank all of you for your blessings of my new baby boy.

There was a question as to why I sold the car, I sold it because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse and like WhiteDiamond and I discussed, it is always time to do another car.

Right now I am doing a 2006 F250, with the full Banks on the fly programmer. The next step will be propane injection. As some of you have read about teh diesel truck incident and a SRT8 that the truck is no slow poke. It cannot beat a SRT8 but it certainly keeps them guessing. I would like to see the truck in the 13's, as you all know I love to push things to the edge so I'll give it a try.

So what is the latest, anything faster or more radical yet?

cbutler32 said:
Doyle,
thanks!
great guy...
and his wife worked with mine...
so too close...
guys...
make sure you at least have a life insurance policy for you spouse and kid (s)...
trust me...
just sick thinking of it...
but on an upbeat note...
JKETRON HAS A BOY!!!
oh god!
he lives way to close to SD and my daughters!!!
ARGH!!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jketron said:
Hey guys, just thought I would stick my head in here again. Thank all of you for your blessings of my new baby boy.

There was a question as to why I sold the car, I sold it because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse and like WhiteDiamond and I discussed, it is always time to do another car.

Right now I am doing a 2006 F250, with the full Banks on the fly programmer. The next step will be propane injection. As some of you have read about teh diesel truck incident and a SRT8 that the truck is no slow poke. It cannot beat a SRT8 but it certainly keeps them guessing. I would like to see the truck in the 13's, as you all know I love to push things to the edge so I'll give it a try.

uh...
yeah...
your car went 11.99 and 116.5 yesterday...
and Scott's went 11.85 and 119...
so nothing really new lately... :)
get some sleep...
let me know when you are heading down this way...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats!

jketron said:

Glad to hear you got yourself another addiction, i myself also have a Superduty and its far from Stock and YES they can and Do beat SRT8's, just takes alot more $$$ There's a guy in Petaluma who has Total Rebuild Internals and all, Puts somewhere near 700 to 750HP to the wheels, with 2000lbs of weight in his bed of steel plate, he still smoked the tires on the dyno and put down 680 and climbing really fast until smoke,,so I'd say he's got alot more on tap and capable of 10 sec ET in 4WD, Yet we could buy Two SRT8's for the investment he has. Not to mention Torque,,WOW!

I don't know you or many of the others YET, but if they vouch for your character as it seems, Ya just don't pick on true enthusiast in this forum, there's always someone step up and Say what a great Car guy and Dad you are. Now you have a little gear head to raise and be so proud of, Congrats on that NewBorn, is he a Jr. or is his Name Torque,, j/k

Larry, Vacaville Ca

·
Registered
32 Posts
ThataDaddy, John! :cool: And thanks for leading the way

Also sorry to hear about the loss, cbutler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts