Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title states IT'S ALL TOGETHER! I had the heads, cam and header installed yesterday by none other Hemi31 (Eric). We started at 7:30am and finish around 6pm. We would have been finished sooner but kooks labelled the cat incorrectely and we installed them backwards. So we had to drop the exhaust to get the cats off and reinstall them correctly. Besides that everything went smooth as a baby bottom. After we checked everything 3 times it was time for the startup. I removed the 93 octane tune, installed the stock tune with raised rpm (850) and added 15% fuel across the board(for safety). We turn the key and held it till the EVIC showed 37 for the fuel pressure then we let it go. The next crank she started up right away. She was idling around 1200rpm because we forgot to connect one thing...the vacuum line on the intake manifold. Once we connect that it was purring like a kitten. I didn't take any sound clips of the idle but she sounds mean. I will try and take some tonight and post pics. Next, installing the port intake manifold and cmr tune. STAY TUNED! (pun intended!)

I'll like to give a special thanks to Eric for putting his magic touch on my car. Even after seeing only the bare block in the engine bay I wasn't worried. Also thanks to jonzmgnm (john), flybyu (dan), brilliant black hemi (robert) and Vinnie for their assistance in the upgrade. Vinnie was nice enough to lend us his garage for the weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Sounds like a great gearhead weekend for you. Congrats. Can hardly wait to hear (and see) more about this.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait to hear this beast!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
These are some of the pics I took of Eric and Robert working on the car. I couldn't really take many pics because I was working on the car too. I will post more from my other memory card tonight...

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is the idle from a cold startup...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds slow. That sound has the uncanny resemblance of my lawn mower..........................my ELECTRIC lawn mower.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
HAHAHA.......Tom just pwned you Will ..........LOL !! Now we gotta drag his ass to Englishtown and make him put some miles on that garage queen of his ...........:biggrin:

Sounds slow. That sound has the uncanny resemblance of my lawn mower..........................my ELECTRIC lawn mower.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

****ty valve anyone...:biggrin:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Will awesome, looks like a solid day of work bro' :arms:

Please don't forget to PM me when you're making that trip to the DYNO shop Frank&John???? I think you said, Brooklyn?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you better head to englishtown soon i wanna see your monster !!
I will be at e-town on the 21st for a track rental and on the 22nd for the hhp event.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts