Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To replace my totaled 2014 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L HEMI engine, I selected a 2017 Ram Laramie CTD, crew cab, in Delmonico Red Pearl.

It came with most of the available options. I will probably add the CHMSL camera assembly and have the VIN and head unit flashed for that sales code so I have a warranty on it and it will operate properly.

Here's some pics:

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Looks pretty mean Michael.

You got that good looking 6.4 at no extra cost to you? as in fully covered

Whats the weight of it, wonder how much extra time it would take to the 60mph over the 300

·
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no, it wasn't quite free, buddy. The black truck was written off as a total loss, there was still a small finance contract to pay off and, of course, values for replacement are subject to depreciation.

the truck weighs in at 7,620 pounds dry (empty). I'm certain it is not as fast as the SRT8 but it doesn't do too badly at all for a large truck. The torque of a diesel engine is surprising.

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
well, at least the pricing over there is only a fraction of what we pay for vehicles outside the USA.....thats not of any use to you, of course, but the rest of us are envious

·
7,943 Posts
I'd be curious what the torque would be rated at, 6 and a half litre diesel should be a fair bit.
I guess you never win in these situations but just try and minimize the losses.

·
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The torque rating is 800 lb/ft (1084.65 Newtons) at 1700 RPM.

Yes, when faced with a situation like that you just have to do what you can to minimize your loss and expense as no one will pay what you think it is worth.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
TST performance in Ohio (at least my dealer was, think they are in WA though), Bully Dog and an exhaust off a Mack Dump truck and it'll give the SRT a reason to want to hook up at launch...

I've had 8 diesel dodges in my time and have 4 diesels right now (albeit 2 are Duramax) and I love that torque! I did a low stall converter with locking pins when locked up and a built transmission to back the 5.9 Cummins in my 2003 years ago... We did a compounded turbo setup on meth with a 6" exhaust and an AFE box and that gal rolled out on a mild tune.

It pulled a 38' float trailer with roof trusses on it for what was my folks building company... At around 20k on the road she would pull up hill in top gear and make speed at 75mph... My buddy had a '93 12 valve with 1,400,000 miles on it (yes you read that right!), chewed up a dozen 5 spd getrags but tge motor lasted forever, bet you its still running somewhere! Lol.

You're gonna love that truck Michael!

Great choice!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
7,943 Posts
Thats almost double the torque of the petrol. WOW

·
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, Rob!

I am pretty sure I am going to do a DEF delete, EFI Live tuning and a few other tweaks.

·
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats almost double the torque of the petrol. WOW
Isn't that amazing? Of course, it's quite a bit heavier than the SRT with a LOT of driveline loss and tire weight to deal with. Especially now that I've installed the 35 inch tires on 18" wheels.

Before:

After:

·
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx.

I had not planned the upgrade but when opportunity knocks, you answer!

·
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another upgrade complete.

1. Diesel Particulate Filter (DPG) system removed.
2. Second catalytic converter removed.
3. Exhaust tip added.
4. EGR valve & cooler removed.
5. Throttle control valve removed.
6. Custom engine and transmission tuning installed.

Exhaust system prior to modifications:

Exhaust system after modifications:

Programmer/Auxiliary gauge display:

It really, really runs better, shifts better, sounds better and I'm glad I did this!

·
19,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the 250 pounds of unnecessary dead weight:

New tips always sound better:

Whoops! I ran out of Diesel Exhaust Fluid!!! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts