Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New car coming out called the "Tesla" by tesla motors, their putting a dealer in Hollywood.
100% Electric sports car, 250 hp, 0-60 3.9 secs!!!!, 0 zero emmissions(spelt it ommissions lol a min ago). yes zero. they says the cost per mile is 2 cents and the mpg comes out to 135mpg.

dont have a picture but its looks like a lotus elise pretty much. i think price is around $110,000 not too bad. just go to Tesla Motors for a easy pic

If someone can post a pic of it feel free, its a pretty neat car.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Zero emissions?

Really??? How did they break the laws of physics???? (Where does the energy come from?) There is no such thing as "zero emissions" energy always comes from somewhere. There is no doubt it's a neat car, even more so, now that it's more than just VaporWare(tm).

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hey thats what the company says, zero emmissions go to the website lol im just the messenger

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
maybe its cause its electric?

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Well, if they are saying Zero Emissions, then someone needs to sue them.... They will quickly remove that claim. Even hydrogen which is generated from electrolysis, is not Zero Emissions. If you use electricity to do anything, that electricity has to be generated somewhere.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok even if it has alot of emmissions lets say, still a good concept

2cents per mile...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Its TESLA not TeLSa, named for Serbian-American inventor Nikola Tesla. He's the guy who, among other things (50+ patents), invented the AC Motor.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Its TESLA not TeLSa, named for Serbian-American inventor Nikola Tesla. He's the guy who, among other things (50+ patents), invented the AC Motor.
ya typo my bad wasnt paying attention

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I've been in one and talked to the GM. They just finished their first dealership 10 feet from my office. They are making a sedan right now called the whitestar which will cost 60-80k and be a hybrid.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've been in one and talked to the GM. They just finished their first dealership 10 feet from my office.
good interior and suspension?

I hear from the G-vine that there is a year wait, they can only build 5 a week right now and are hoping to get up to 30 a week?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just for the record... Niko Tesla was a total friggin' kook job!

Here's what he said about Einstein's theory... "The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king..."

Oops. Not quite on the mark... Don't hate.

He did some awesome experiments involving directed energy weapons which rocked tho'!

Tesla

As far as the car goes... I like it! I just got approved for my first home purchase this week, and I'm going to try to get 100% of my home to be solar powered. So if I got one of these... It'd be truly emissions free!
However, I never fly the "alpha" model of ANYTHING... I'll wait 3 years to see if it's ready for prime time.

·
Registered
534 Posts
No inventors are sane. You can't be. You need to be a little nuts to think outside the box and come up with stuff that seems insane, but in reality is something that will revolutionize the world.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tesla Motors

I've been drooling over this car for a long time now. The battery is like a bunch of laptop batteries strung together. The best thing about this car in my opinion is the lack of inside parts. Maintenance should be a breeze, no oil changes, no vast array of engine problems. This is probably a reason why major car companies haven't created an electric this advanced yet, they make a killing off of repairs.

Yes for now, it isn't really zero impact because of how we get electricity, but it is certainly a huge step and huge improvement versus a gasoline powered car. It certainly it the anti-tree hugging tree hugger.

I think it is the perfect car if you have that sort of money. I also remember reading that Telsa will be making a more affordable model which will be interesting.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
100 grand seems resonable for the style and speed and the money it could possibly save you. i know everyone would like it to be 30 grand lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Zero emissions?

Really??? How did they break the laws of physics???? (Where does the energy come from?) There is no such thing as "zero emissions" energy always comes from somewhere. There is no doubt it's a neat car, even more so, now that it's more than just VaporWare(tm).
Way to bust his Ballz about "zero emissions" professor!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks cool but there is no way in hell my 6'6" body could ever fit in that thing! lol.....nor could i afford it
if its anything like my pops lotus elise, itd be real real real real tight for me and im just 6'1

·
Registered
410 Posts
if its anything like my pops lotus elise, itd be real real real real tight for me and im just 6'1
Yeah, I tried to get into a lotus one day and it was a STRUGGLE........no way this thing will be mass produced.........only for midgets with big bank rolls. Hell, I cant even fit into a crossfire......

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I tried to get into a lotus one day and it was a STRUGGLE........no way this thing will be mass produced.........only for midgets with big bank rolls. Hell, I cant even fit into a crossfire......
id rather be in a lotus than a crossfire....

i once "tried" to get into a miata, well i ended up going head first lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts