Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2-3 Months ago there was 1 SRT-8 on ebay, if that.....

Tonight alone, 12 listed, I believe 10 or so are available immediately (meaning, they are not simply allocations), things are looking up..... :)

-Travis

·
Registered
71 Posts
12 on the ground is a great sign - have to think we are in $2K max mark-up range with this many available. those of you waiting with no allocation just have to caculate whether it is worth getting an '06 a few months earlier - i would think it is on dep'n alone.

·
Banned
87 Posts
the market is showing some softening due to the increase in availability. A couple of the SRT8s on ebay are being sold by by individuals looking to make a quick $5000 or so over and above what they paid.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Hmmm, I'm only finding 8! You got a mo better search than I do. The one in St Louis is looking for 7K over so the avg ridiculous number is starting to come down. :crackhead Here in the Bay Area all the stupid 12K overs are getting lonely on dealer showroom floors. :stooges: Gotta think that as the end of the month approaches those dealers will be a bit more ready to deal... :swordfigh

Ray

tgt said:
2-3 Months ago there was 1 SRT-8 on ebay, if that.....

Tonight alone, 12 listed, I believe 10 or so are available immediately (meaning, they are not simply allocations), things are looking up..... :)

-Travis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta look a bit harder.....I counted twice. ;)

I agree, give it a couple more months....we're talking under MSRP as the norm. Patience is a virtue.

-Travis

·
Registered
74 Posts
My dealer rolled his first 8 this week and is sticking to the 25,000 over sticker price. I'm confident he will end up securing 10-15 k over MSRP. All 25 million of us in Cali are nuts for this car and supply and demand is driving the price. I'm just glad I'm not one of the true nuts!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is a great car and I love mine but 20K over. I hope they sit
Salty

·
Registered
443 Posts
tgt said:
Gotta look a bit harder.....I counted twice. ;)

I agree, give it a couple more months....we're talking under MSRP as the norm. Patience is a virtue.

-Travis
Yeah well sorry bro but just because a few ( I found 3 including mister loaded black 2006---WITH NO NAV!!!!) have found there way to ebay does not mean below msrp will soon be the norm. This is a simple case of supply and demand, in which case the demand is far greater than the current ( or any forseeable future for that matter) supply. There are folks on this very forum that having been waiting for their cars for 6 MONTHS. I know of several that got their's for a few bucks under msrp, but this is far from the norm.

This is a limited production car that is showing up on ebay because these people know that they can cash in now. It's not like they drove them for a couple years and sold them.....they are selling them immediately after they buy them because they know how many folks are looking for them. The dealer that sold me mine even told me that I could probably make at least 10,000 if I turned the car around right after i bought it.

Unfortunately if you give it a couple of months, you'll probably be left looking at the charger or jeep if you want to get any version of the SRT8. I'm not telling you this to bring you down, but simply to let you know that your patience may end up with you having to go to ebay to buy one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jconnolly1119 said:
Yeah well sorry bro but just because a few ( I found 3 including mister loaded black 2006---WITH NO NAV!!!!) have found there way to ebay does not mean below msrp will soon be the norm. This is a simple case of supply and demand, in which case the demand is far greater than the current ( or any forseeable future for that matter) supply. There are folks on this very forum that having been waiting for their cars for 6 MONTHS. I know of several that got their's for a few bucks under msrp, but this is far from the norm.

This is a limited production car that is showing up on ebay because these people know that they can cash in now. It's not like they drove them for a couple years and sold them.....they are selling them immediately after they buy them because they know how many folks are looking for them. The dealer that sold me mine even told me that I could probably make at least 10,000 if I turned the car around right after i bought it.

Unfortunately if you give it a couple of months, you'll probably be left looking at the charger or jeep if you want to get any version of the SRT8. I'm not telling you this to bring you down, but simply to let you know that your patience may end up with you having to go to ebay to buy one.
I'm certainly not trying to start an argument, we're all entitled to our opinion. Being down South, you guys are in a different world as far as this car goes than I am. There were two dealers on Ebay last week that offered it for $100 over MSRP (2 states away, which isn't a big deal for me as I've been out of state for 6-8 cars). Had I been in a hurry, I would have gone and got one, but fortunately I am not. I'm looking towards the end of the year, and confident the norm will be at 'least' slightly under MSRP. Am I right? Who knows.....I guess we'll see in a few months.... :) I've been in contact with four 5 star dealers in my area who are all 'expecting' SRT-8's late summer/early fall.

Good luck to us all,
Travis

·
Registered
593 Posts
You sound like you're trying to sell one :silly:

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
The other thing to consider, is that many dealers with $10,000 markups never expect to sell the car for that much anyway. What they really want is to keep an SRT-8 on the showroom floor because of the added interest and excitement into the 300 line-up. A lot of people will see an SRT-8 , test drive a 300C, and happily drive home in a 300 limited or touring.

In the mean time, the dealer figures if someone wants it bad enough to pay 10K over, then great. If not, they'll drop the price when they want to finally move the car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
marnepup said:
You sound like you're trying to sell one :silly:

Just trying to point out that if people wait too long they might not have any other choice than to deal with whatever is for sale on ebay. And to be honest with you, after driving mine for three weeks now yeah I guess i feel everyone who is interested SHOULD own this car. It's really that good!!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Depends on the market. No way you'll see them going for MSRP out here in AZ and CA this year, just ain't happening. While I was shopping around here, I was looking at the SRT-10 model, and around here, they still have markups of about 5K on those. They've been out for a couple of years.

The cost will be determined by your market (which you can change, if your willing to go out of state) and production numbers (who knows).

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can order a 2006 now.

There is a dealer near my home who has a black 2005 that stickers at $45,735, but the GM has been driving it and it has 2000 miles on it.

I am waiting for them to allow employee pricing before I purchase a SRT-8.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts