Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of any source I would put my trust in www.tirerack.com . They have finally listed 12 wheels styles from 18 to 20". All 12 are listed as 5x115 versus the 5x114.3 everyone else is using. Here is the ASA RK1:

ASA RT8:

Funny, Magnum wheels for your Magnum. ATI Magnum:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Now if only there were some tires...

It's really great to see these guys figured out that the 300C exists, and that there are some wheels for it (or, I guess, there will be some wheels for it in a month or two).

Now if only there were some tires to put on them. I've been looking for a 20 that's a nice width and close to the same outside diameter for a while and haven't found much. TireRack lists 245/40R20 as the size for the 300C, but those are almost an inch smaller OD than OEM. I've seen those on a 300C, and they do not look good (the only thing worse than too much sidewall is too much wheel well, IMO).

I'd really love to see some 245/45R20 or 265/40R20 like on the concept 300C, but I'm not sure if the tire guys are going to respond as fast as the wheel guys.

The only size that seems to be out there now in 20 are 275/40R20 (almost the exact OD for the 300C). But I'm not sure those are going to work on an 8.5" rim.

Anyway, 22's aren't gonna work for me. Looking forward to seeing what people do for 20's. I think I'll wait until I see a tire/wheel combo that somebody has and likes, and that looks good. I'm kind of a chicken that way.

Bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know if you guys were aware but the site Superbuytires.com has had the 300 listed for awhile now and those guys have tons and tons of wheel and tires packages.

·
Registered
15 Posts
took measurements of the car and wheels yesterday.

PCD: 5-114.3 (5x4.5)
Hub Bore: 71.5mm
Offset for 20x9 wheels: +20
offset for 22x9.5 wheels: +15
min X-factor to clear brake caliper: 20mm

points to look out for.
rear: Sway bars
front: Knucle joint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
BobD said:
It's really great to see these guys figured out that the 300C exists, and that there are some wheels for it (or, I guess, there will be some wheels for it in a month or two).

Now if only there were some tires to put on them. I've been looking for a 20 that's a nice width and close to the same outside diameter for a while and haven't found much. TireRack lists 245/40R20 as the size for the 300C, but those are almost an inch smaller OD than OEM. I've seen those on a 300C, and they do not look good (the only thing worse than too much sidewall is too much wheel well, IMO).

I'd really love to see some 245/45R20 or 265/40R20 like on the concept 300C, but I'm not sure if the tire guys are going to respond as fast as the wheel guys.

The only size that seems to be out there now in 20 are 275/40R20 (almost the exact OD for the 300C). But I'm not sure those are going to work on an 8.5" rim.

Anyway, 22's aren't gonna work for me. Looking forward to seeing what people do for 20's. I think I'll wait until I see a tire/wheel combo that somebody has and likes, and that looks good. I'm kind of a chicken that way.

Bob
275/40R20 wil not work on a 8.5" rim.
the best choice for your tires are 245/40r20 made by Michelin. They are very good quite tires but pricey.

When calculating tires, it is ok to be within +/- 0.75 inches of the original OD. You won't be able to tell the difference.

The best set up for 20" wheels, is to go staggered with 20x8.5 wheels up front and 20x10 wheel in the rear (since this is a rear wheel drive car) and put a 245 tire up front and 275 tire in rear for the most contact patch for performance and handling

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
carre' said:
The best set up for 20" wheels, is to go staggered with 20x8.5 wheels up front and 20x10 wheel in the rear (since this is a rear wheel drive car) and put a 245 tire up front and 275 tire in rear for the most contact patch for performance and handling
Putting 265 up front seems a little excessive and too wide to me (IMHO)? Does this width actually fit 'good' within the wheel well? It looks like those 265's 'stick out' beyond the fender up front and would not work if the car is lowered any. I don't see Tire Rack nor Discount Tire Direct suggesting or selling anything wider than a 245 up front nor a 22 inch. Carre any thoughts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got 265s all around with no rubbing, and there looks to be enough clearance that I could drop the car at least an inch. Two inches might be pushing it when potholes attack. The front tires sit perfectly flush with the fender lip, while the back tires are barely inside it...you really have to scrutinize to notice the difference.

Standing behind the car, looking at the wheel width....aahhhh. Looks like the right width to me!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am going off shaky memory, but the offset might have been .15?....damn, it was a low number (come to think of it, I'm not sure we ever specified an offset), I should have taken notes. The rims themselves are 9.5 wide. Perfect fit, no spacers, no grinding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
keep in mind, that even though Tire Rack is a famous "mail order company", they do have thier limitations. For example, some of thier wheels supplier probably does not offer a 22" wheels in a +15 offset with a pcd of 5-114.3. Or may be they don't have access to right tires. If any one of these are true, then Tire Rack will not list 22" wheel on thier site for 300C/Magnum. Also just like most mail order companies, May be they never even try to do fit test? They are probably waiting for some to do the test and then tell them what works and what doesn't.
E55 KEV said:
Putting 265 up front seems a little excessive and too wide to me (IMHO)? Does this width actually fit 'good' within the wheel well? It looks like those 265's 'stick out' beyond the fender up front and would not work if the car is lowered any. I don't see Tire Rack nor Discount Tire Direct suggesting or selling anything wider than a 245 up front nor a 22 inch. Carre any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts