Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can now see 12 2005 SRT-8s in D1 status with ship dates of March 10th, 11th, and 12th. And one that will ship Feb 28!
A few interesting facts:
NOT ALL are fully loaded.
They're going all over the country, but one dealer actually got 2.
A gas guzzler tax of $2,100 is included.
NONE are sold orders. This could mean two things, 1) that all '05s were created by the factory and given to dealerships, and the dealership had no choice, or 2) Sold orders don't show up in the system I'm using.
The SRT-8 that was built already according to Brampton is not showing up, so this list must be incomplete in some way.
RT

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
I got my date. Chrysler said it's "Build Plan Date" is March 4. Now we just need Brampton to report on daily production rate to get an estimate of how many will really be built.

·
Registered
856 Posts
JMatt said:
I got my date. Chrysler said it's "Build Plan Date" is March 4. Now we just need Brampton to report on daily production rate to get an estimate of how many will really be built.
Did you get it from DCX or your dealer? (nevermind..just re-read that 'Chrysler' said........)

Thanks..

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just got off the phone with a dealer who said they are getting 1 of 2 05' cars in Indiana. I'm going to drive up there and request a VIN that I can verify with Brampton before I put my money down.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Some VINs that were built today according to brampton:

2C3AA73W15H627467

2C3AA73W65H627478

2C3AA73W65H627481

2C3AA73W35H627471

2C3AA73W15H627470

·
Registered
378 Posts
rt4 said:
I can now see 12 2005 SRT-8s in D1 status with ship dates of March 10th, 11th, and 12th. And one that will ship Feb 28!
A few interesting facts:

A gas guzzler tax of $2,100 is included.
May I ask why is this car geting a "gas guzzler tax" added to it. Is Chrysler's fleet gas levels so low that they are in deep $h*t with Uncle and now we are paying the price? The reason that I ask is the PT Curser is classed as a truck and not a car? And besides 14 and 19 is not as bad as a Chevy Tahoe 4 X 4.!! Just my $.02 and Why

·
Registered
856 Posts
mspeasl said:
And besides 14 and 19 is not as bad as a Chevy Tahoe 4 X 4.!! Just my $.02 and Why
That's just it. The SRT-8 isn't a 'truck' so it gets nailed. But I agree with you. My Durango gets about 11 and Lightning gets maybe 13.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mspeasl said:
May I ask why is this car geting a "gas guzzler tax" added to it. Is Chrysler's fleet gas levels so low that they are in deep $h*t with Uncle and now we are paying the price? The reason that I ask is the PT Curser is classed as a truck and not a car? And besides 14 and 19 is not as bad as a Chevy Tahoe 4 X 4.!! Just my $.02 and Why
It is all about playing with the CAFE classifications. Yes, by CAFE standards, the PT is a truck (per CAFE, a truck is...):
(4) permit greater cargo-carrying capacity than passenger-carrying volume; or (5) can be converted to an open bed vehicle by removal of rear seats to form a flat continuous floor with the use of simple tools.

The CAFE standards are much lower for light trucks, so the 300C SRT-8 is a car and gets hit with the GGT. Now the question becomes; does the Magnum SRT-8 have a GGT, because I believe, like the PT, it is classified as a Light Truck?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone know what color these were? I ordered my SRT on Jan 11th and my vin is no where near those. I called Chrysler Yesterday and the lady said that mine is definatley an 05 and is in D-1. Im wondering why the vins are so far off. The one I ordered is Silver, and has the navigation,U-connect, Moon Roof, Side airbags, and upgraded speakers.

Anyone else have a 05 vin that is way off?

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
My Vin is **667401. The ones built last week were **627xxx. So I too, am off by 40,000. The people at Brampton say that vehicles are not made in VIN order though, so I don't think you can read much into the VIN discrepancies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts