Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I think you mixed up lines. Magnums are the same as Crossfire which is one line above PT. Both are discontinued cars thus there is such huge percentage decline as they sell the remaining inventory of 2008.

I think Magnum was a nice car which did nto deserver to be killed, but I guess Chrysler disagrees.

It looks like Chrysler had good minivan sales. It is good they keep leaderships here. The fact some automakers got out of minivan business should be helping as well.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Rip Magnum

i can't believe they killed the magnum. I see way more magnums than I do 300's and chargers, but it just must be in the area I am in. That was the best looking station wagon that has ever come out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i can't believe they killed the magnum. I see way more magnums than I do 300's and chargers, but it just must be in the area I am in. That was the best looking station wagon that has ever come out.
i would say we have them about in balance. i would not even call them station wagon. may be only doe to shape. the wagons of the past were huge, bulky with no handling. magnum is sharp, sporty, well mannered beast. i could see myself getting magnum at some point later as i want to get a dog the thing looks perfect for taking the friend on trips.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Last Ride (that I liked) was an 05 Magnum that I was forced to sell. It was only an SXT (3.5L V6), but I loved that car to death. Even took the dog for a ride a couple times. Awsome room in the back and a killer looking ride (just like th other LX cars). I love my 300C more though..... kinda glad I had to get rid of the magnum now.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I will always love the styling of the Magnum, especially after the way some of our LX owners have modified them.

Welcome to the forum, Vinnie. You might also want to go to the New Member Intro thread and introduce yourself where other will see it and welcome you as well!

bruno

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I will always love the Magnum and the 300C... and we've got 'em both!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I hate the PT Cruiser. It's the most ridiculous car Chrysler has ever built.
EVER? I would have to disagree. We used to have a PT Cruiser, and while it wasn't the best car ever, it was pretty damn versatile, and boy was it CHEAP. 27MPGish, and the interior is ENORMOUS. Throw on some roof racks and you can haul most of a mid-sized apartment. But it was uncomfortable (aftermarket seats would have helped), the ergonomics of the cabin were horrific, and the shape did absolutely NOTHING for wind noise. We had a bare-bones base model, the upper tiers may have been better.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
EVER? I would have to disagree. We used to have a PT Cruiser, and while it wasn't the best car ever, it was pretty damn versatile, and boy was it CHEAP. 27MPGish, and the interior is ENORMOUS. Throw on some roof racks and you can haul most of a mid-sized apartment. But it was uncomfortable (aftermarket seats would have helped), the ergonomics of the cabin were horrific, and the shape did absolutely NOTHING for wind noise. We had a bare-bones base model, the upper tiers may have been better.
Yeah, ever. I think your entry explained a lot, but you forgot to add how ugly :dead1: it was. IMHAHO :biggrin:

I've been trying to go back as far as I could in Chrysler history, but can not find anything worse than the PT. Can you help me out?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah, ever. I think your entry explained a lot, but you forgot to add how ugly :dead1: it was. IMHAHO :biggrin:

I've been trying to go back as far as I could in Chrysler history, but can not find anything worse than the PT. Can you help me out?
I'm afraid not :(

Damnit.

But it was versatile and unique for about a month. And it was cheap :biggrin: . Balls. You're right.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
That's funny. I'm almost never right. Gotta show your entry to my wife. LOL

Hey, don't feel bad. I once actually bought a Renault 4L.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hate the PT Cruiser. It's the most ridiculous car Chrysler has ever built.
But it was uncomfortable (aftermarket seats would have helped), the ergonomics of the cabin were horrific, and the shape did absolutely NOTHING for wind noise. We had a bare-bones base model, the upper tiers may have been better.
I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. For me, it was the PT (and its retro look) that rekindled my interest in cars again (and a lot of us of my generation). Not only that, it's a great car to customize, just like the 300C.

I actually find it to be a very comfortable car for it's price range even on long trips...plenty of leg room, easy ingress/egress (remember it's not luxury car like the 300 either) and no more noisier than the Intrepid/Concordes.

While I've owned the "C" for about a year and half now, and certainly love its brute power and design (reminds me of the '69 GTX from my youth), my modded '01 PT is still the pride and joy of my stable. And judged by the car shows she's won at, or the attention she garners when cruising down the street, it's clear she's still a crowd pleaser!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I was giving a purple PT Cruiser as a loaner car once and lets just say I felt like an idiot driving it. I guess i'm a sucker for larger cars.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I'm surprised they don't build the 300c Wagon in the US. It's called the 300c Touring in the UK.

As for PT Cruisers they should all be melted down and turned back in to bean cans.
I agree. The wagon was killed of prematurely. Although, if its death can help save Chrysler I'm fine with that.

2 PT Cruisers melted down = 1 300C. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think the PT cruiser was a bad car; it and the Mini Cooper brought something back to the tiny car market that the Japanese car companies destroyed years ago.. class.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts