Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to buying a 2006 chrysler 300 SRT8. I was wondering what everyone gets for MPG? I know it depends on how you drive but what does everyone get depending on how you drive? Let me know thankyou. Also, the 2006 SRT8 im getting has 51,000 miles on it for $15,400. Good deal ? let me know thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ya that's a pretty good deal. You will prob get in the low teens for mpg but you will love the car.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's really easy to get that on the highway but in town its going to be harder. I have a 5.7 and pull 16 mpg in the city so the 6.1 should use more fuel than mine

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Wow less than $16K for an 06 SRT8 with 51K miles? Seems to good to be true since I paid around $22K for my 06 SRT8 with 47K miles.

As for mileage, you can expect 13-14 mpg city driving under normal conditions and around 17-20 mpg highway driving.

Now if you get a Diablo Predator tuner, Intune, or a Trinity then you might be able to increase that mileage by 1 mpg depending on how you drive it. I know of some guys who get around 17 mpg city driving easy but they have a good amount of performance mods though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree... that's a good deal as long as you feel comfortable that the car is solid. Do it. You will love this car. I'm on my second one, but my first was a 5.7. The SRT8 is the most fun I've had with a car. Stick around here at the forums, as well. Someone here usually has an answer for any question you can come up with. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm getting 13mpg...half freeway and streets...love the phuck out of my srt....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Sure seems like the wrong question to be asking. Obviously not a mileage champ!

Note that mine has averaged nearly 17 since new. Mixed city and highway.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I get 12-13.5. only time I see more then that is HW only driving. On a 550 mile trip I got 19.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My 07 SRT with 47k gets pretty much the same as MADDOG. If you are going to be concerned about MPG, then you should maybe look into a lesser model. The SRT is not your normal work commuter. LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
I get 21 to 22 mpg cruising expressways . . .

16 - 18 mpg around town . . .
That's about what mine does, as well. Which is actually BETTER than the '05 5.7 HEMI I had by about 2 MPG. Keep in mind you will be buying premium fuel, though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I get about 14-16 in the town and once cruising on the highway it's possible to get 20-22.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
91+ is recommended from the factory. You can tune and use 87 or 89 but if you're buying an SRT and want mileage I'd suggest reconsidering. There are tunes for 93+ if you want to go that route but the extra power is questionable according to most people. (over the 91) I myself run the 93 tune but we have it here for the same price as 91 so why not since it doesn't knock.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I have a 2006 SRT8 purchased in Jan 2011 with 20K now has 83K. This is a daily driver. Was in sales up until June 2012. Hwy driving mostly every day. Average MPG was 18 combined city freeway. Now average combined city/freeway 16 MPG. Do more off freeway driving now. On the Hwy at 70 MPH 23 MPG; 75 MPH 22 MPG; 80 MPH 20-21 MPG. Have fun

1 - 20 of 28 Posts