Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Haha! you guys

This is an old ass thread... still haven't come up with anything. Still on my list though... one day it will happen.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ive actually been looking to do the same thing, need to decide on / get a gun choice for this (gotta get off my ass and get a CCL As well before I seriously look at it), my "roadblock" I came to was a way to have the gun locked up (But easy to access when *I* was in the drivers seat) safely, while being able to use the centre console

I like your mount position ideas though, ever look at dremeling out parts as not needed form the plastic innards to the console ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thought I'd chime in with regards to the center console /RyCP's fiberglass idea...

Does the gun lay flat in the center console? If so, could you fabricate some sort of false bottom that locks to store it when needed?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thought I'd chime in with regards to the center console /RyCP's fiberglass idea...

Does the gun lay flat in the center console? If so, could you fabricate some sort of false bottom that locks to store it when needed?

Sorry for the repost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the input. I don't want it visible, so although the plastic console under the steering wheel would be decent, it would be too visible for me. Underneath by the OBD plug would be good, but I'd have to get really creative with a strong mount - I wouldn't want to use the flimsy cover piece thingy down there... and there's not much to anchor to when you pull that away.

In the end, I'm also trying to create a place that I can lock up the gun if I leave it in the car... so just trying to knock out two birds with one stone on a console mount. That all being said, this is still a back burner project until I come up with something. Thanks for the advice - always appreciated. :fing02:
Fisch,

what did you come up with? I've got a 2006 SRT8. Looking for something to keep the gun hidden as well.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts