Adding VES and making it more complicated
Im thinking of the following for our Mag SRT8 (came with Nav, satellite, and Kicker)
1. install mopar VES kit. This gives me the ability to play DVD sound through the factory stereo. And it comes with wireless headsets so the radio (or CD) can be on for the driver and the rear seaters can listen to the DVD on the headphones.
The mopar VES also has RCA input jacks for games and audio. Use the audio in (with a suitable adapter) to play itunes over the factory stereo.
2. for teenage kids bling factor, install 2 Alpine touch screen monitors in headrests.
3. Install Alpine S431 A/V expansion unit
4. wire a custom video feed from mopar VES to S431. S431 then feeds Alpine monitors.
5. install Alpine TV tuner. Feed into S431
6. Install nav2go and back-up camera.
7. Wire a parallel feed from back-up camera to S431 (allows back-up cam to be seen on headrest monitors). I'm told this is fun.
8. Take video out from one headrest monitor to 2nd video input on Nav2Go. This will allow whatever that headrest is switched to to be viewed on nav screen.
The only thing I can't figure out is the TV audio. I'm not sure how to be able to have maximum flexibility with one headset for DVD audio and the other for TV audio. I think i may have to get the alpine headsets for that scenario, but that is confusing.
Any and all thoughts on this complex set-up are welcome.