Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to this group and am hoping you can help me make up my mind about buying this vehicle.

I have not owned a Chrysler car since my 1996 Concorde and only had that car about 18 months. Based on some issues with a different Chrysler, I have been hesitant to buy based on my impression of quality.

How would you compare the 300's to other vehicles? Does anyone know of major mechanical problems? How would you rate fit and finish?

Additionally, I see most of the members here have the 300C model, believe it or not I am considering the 2.7 liter so I can have a cloth interior. I know the HEMI is an amazing powerplant but frankly I don't need it, I drive 3 miles to work now and am leaning towards this product for the style and RWD rather than trying to have a quick sedan. I owned a 1998 E320 which I thought had plenty of power for a V6.

Does anyone on this forum have the base model? What are your impressions with the engine, pickup etc? Any regrets going with that model?

I know I am asking a lot of questions but am hoping to get a discussion going with educated people that have already purchased this vehicle.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

·
Registered
208 Posts
I drive a 300c and think it is the best car I have ever had except for a 1956 porsche which I restored way back in the 70's.
My wife and I went on vacation last month and rented a 300 base model with the 2.7 liter engine. We drove it through Death Valley, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon, and Yosemite National Park. Put about 2000 miles on it. It's not the car that the "C" is, but it was very comfortable on the highway and back roads. Did 110 mph in death valley, and handled great in the twisty roads of the sierra nevada mountains. I must admit I had a ball with it! The major down side, not much power entering parkways and the interior is much nicer in the higher priced models. You get what you pay for.
P.S. Do not by a used rental car, people beat the heck out of them!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I prefer European or Japanese cars but my 300C has been flawless, at least for the 2.5 months I've owned it. Now that Daimler owns Chrysler you may find little in common with Chryslers of the past. As far as the V6, remember that it'll have to push around close to 4,000 pounds of car so if you have any kinesthetic urges they may go unsatisfied, even though your E320 performed well with a V6.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Jason, 1st off let me say "WELCOME" to the 300/300C family!
I, have a 300C so off the back I'm bias I love the beauty,power and comfort of Mrs SexC. I haven't had the pleasure of driving a 300.
Good Luck on your choice, remember we are 1 Big 300/300C Family here.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Livemusicfan,

Hello, My name is Brian Carotenuto, and I am a new owner of a base 300 model. I am waiting for my car to be manufactured and delivered to me. I have had experience with all the 300 models so far. (I work in valet parking) I haven't heard of any problems with the car from the owners that I have talked to. (I have talked to at least one owner of each model) The feedback that I received was very positive and cemented my decision to purchase the base 300. I am currently driving an older Plymouth ('68 Valiant w/69,000 original miles on the odometer-not a typo!) Good luck in whatever you decide to do with your purchase. I hope this helps a little bit!

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts