Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You know I just so happen to be scouring around for info Todd......:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dont ask how i found this but it answers many questions you may have in regards to the rec, what is needed etc.:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/faq-archives/2970-faq-navigation-system.html
Some MAJOR updates to the FAQ (for some reason there is no way to post them there):

It won't hurt to say that the REC unit is made in Japan by Alpine.
All the bezel numbers are old and here are the current numbers:
82209313 supersedes WX57DX9AA
82209314 supersedes 1AQ46AAAAA
82209315 supersedes XB311ZBAA
The navigation antenna number is 56038651AB
The DVD cover number is 5161571AA

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mjr did you get the issue resolved? i was looking for your thread over at the Z. i think its something simple but cant put my finger on it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Not yet Todd . I'm going to try an experiment this weekend when I have some time....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chrysler, DTR Denver, and Alpine are all telling me that a used nav unit will not work in my car because I only have a radio now. They say it isn't programmed to work with my VIN. Will it work or not?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chrysler, DTR Denver, and Alpine are all telling me that a used nav unit will not work in my car because I only have a radio now. They say it isn't programmed to work with my VIN. Will it work or not?
as long as its the rec nav unit it will work. if its the rb1 it will not work. if its the my gig it will not work. it takes 10 minutes to swap radio so you can check for yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Yes, it will work if it's the REC model. The radio doesn't know, and doesn't care what the vehicle VIN is. The radio will recognize the type of vehicle it is in via the CAN Bus, for purposes of displaying the splash screen (Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep logo).

When buying used it is best to get a 2007 radio or newer due to the high joystick failure on early models. Also, some early REC radios played garbled nav audio when installed in vehicles with the base audio system. An REC parts list can be found here: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Navigation Radio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts