Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the longest time i have been dreaming of owning an srt8 and now the time has come that i can afford a used gen. 1 srt8. But lately i have been thinking of getting an STI instead of an srt8 since it is in my price range of 21k ( i think i have gone crazy) what do you guys think about this. Please talk me out of this lol.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Might be easier to say what has the STI have over the SRT.
Then we will name all the things that the SRT has over the STI.

Then it should be easier to make the decision.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Clearly it all depends on your driving style, if your using it around corners always and wanna have a manual I would go sti, if you want raw power/luxury and a badass car I would got SRT. Ive own a 07 STI before, great for beating the hell out of it, its quick but then your labeled as a tuner kid even tho your an adult. At least with a SRT you can piss everyone off cause a 4000+ lb car beat there little turbo charged civic.

Me personally I would go SRT, for the simple fact you don't gotta always play around with little tuner kids trying to race you 24/7 if you had the STI.

STI you will need to have a decent pair of coil overs to upgrade to since their suspension goes to crap fairly quickly, in the same breath so does a 300's front end, but to each their own

My vote SRT

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your thoughts guys, but the sti is out of the question now since i had a talk with my dad (im 17) and he said that my mom needs to drive the car aswell so i cant get anything stick. i guess ill stick with my miata for canyon driving and use the srt8 strictly for straight lines lol.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I owned an '06 Hawkeye myself. Hated it. It was fun for a while, but then the suspension beat the sh!t out of you, it had a park bench on the trunk (the enormous wing), and it had no creature comforts or technology. Fast little thing but my SRT is muscle and luxury. Can't ask for much more than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts