Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon I currently have a 2014 SRT, it has about 95k on the odometer. I have a borla exhaust and its tuned with a Diablo programmer. Right now I'm torn. Do I want to get rid of it and buy a Hellcat. Or keep this car, which I love and install a Whipple Supercharger.
My question is? Do you think its worth investing 10k and getting the horsepower. It would mean I would keep it until the tires fall off. Which is not a bad thing, Or get rid of it and buy the Cat. By throwing the Whipple in it I could get Hellcat power which now makes this car the car we all hoped Chrysler would make for us.

Thoughts, opinions good or bad accepted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I of course advocate for the 300. The HC is just another HC, ugly, depreciating, and a crowd of tattooed Chads. A supercharged 300 SRT is a gentleman connoisseurs car. Style, comfort, and subdued speed.

Personally though from looking at options I think I like the Edelbrock over the Whipple. It's roots, has a better intake, and most important has a cooler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I of course advocate for the 300. The HC is just another HC, ugly, depreciating, and a crowd of tattooed Chads. A supercharged 300 SRT is a gentleman connoisseurs car. Style, comfort, and subdued speed.

Personally though from looking at options I think I like the Edelbrock over the Whipple. It's roots, has a better intake, and most important has a cooler.
I agree that's why I love the 300 the class the tie and the balls to back up its classy look. I guess I just worry about the mileage. But I will look into the Edelbrock. Thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts

X3 on keeping the 300. I am jealous, as I can't bring myself to spend that kind of coin on my 06 300CSRT8 with 172K on the clock, Now, if I ever need a rebuild and want to keep it, that'll be a different story. Good luck and have fun if you go for this. Going the forced induction route will for sure be less expensive than the cat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree that's why I love the 300 the class the tie and the balls to back up its classy look. I guess I just worry about the mileage. But I will look into the Edelbrock. Thanks
Mileage as in the 95K on the clock? You obviously like driving it. All things wear out, so will the HC if you buy one. But condition and maintenance is far more important then mileage. If you keep it up you have nothing to worry about, and frankly done right, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades are cheaper then payments and insurance on something like a HC. Just one years payments on a HC is enough to do just about anything you want with the engine you have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mileage as in the 95K on the clock? You obviously like driving it. All things wear out, so will the HC if you buy one. But condition and maintenance is far more important then mileage. If you keep it up you have nothing to worry about, and frankly done right, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades are cheaper then payments and insurance on something like a HC. Just one years payments on a HC is enough to do just about anything you want with the engine you have.
Good point thanks, and to be honest that was the other thing I really didn't want to have. A huge car note!! I can do what I need to my Chrysler, and then have a little bit left over to buy a car I can drive throughout the week to keep the miles off.. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
That's all very true, and also consider the increased insurance premiums for the cat. I've found with my two 5.7's that the premiums are a lot lower than they would be if they were 6.1's or 6.4's. That's one of the reasons I decided to mod. them and keep the premiums a little lower. Of course, all my stuff is a lot older, so the premiums aren't that bad now anyway, but on your 2014 SRT they're probably a little steeper. My 06 SRT now isn't much higher than the 5.7 RT.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good afternoon I currently have a 2014 SRT, it has about 95k on the odometer. I have a borla exhaust and its tuned with a Diablo programmer. Right now I'm torn. Do I want to get rid of it and buy a Hellcat. Or keep this car, which I love and install a Whipple Supercharger.
My question is? Do you think its worth investing 10k and getting the horsepower. It would mean I would keep it until the tires fall off. Which is not a bad thing, Or get rid of it and buy the Cat. By throwing the Whipple in it I could get Hellcat power which now makes this car the car we all hoped Chrysler would make for us.

Thoughts, opinions good or bad accepted.
WHICH MOTOR???? any motor work already been done .??? Last month's HOTROD magazine started a work up on an 06, 5.7 , starting with a cam change and valve springs. it went from 364 hp to 414 hp same sort of torque increase. At any rate check out the article .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts