Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I ended up paying $320 have the LED third brake light replaced at the dealer...dealer told me the part itself costs $160 and the rest is labor..I have checked and found the part on ebay, it costs around $80..do you think this is a reasonable price to replace a brake light?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am talking about the LED brake light inside the rear window....and only way to access it is through the rear passenger seats I guess....I tried but could not figure it out and ended up taking the car to the dealer...

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
There is a thread on here explaining how to remove it , Dealers are expensive

·
Registered
105 Posts
i found a used one for $60 on ebay, removed my deck using the mentioned link above which took me 15 mins, and switched it myself. $320 is a dealer price. You have to remember that their time is precious. lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
yea doin it urself takes 10 minutes lol

alltho if mine stopped workin i dont think i would fix it lol
dont really want it there anyways...damn laws

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
ya seriously...
COMPLETE RIP OFF!
in simple terms heres what you have to do...
fold the rear seats down, unscrew the main bolt which is 10mm i believe, take a flathead screw driver and pop the V clip in the back it off.
Then take the phillips to the screws near the seatbelt holster panel, which should then completely free up the cardboard carpet.
Then you have to undo the 2 tiny 7mm screws holding the 3rd brake light down.
Undo the main grey power cable/plug
Then using a flathead screw driver pry up the black tabs, the round holes on each side) and try to pull out...
Honestly its a PITA but it'll come out eventually.

Might take a while to do the first time but anytime after that is pretty easy.

Good luck but $320 for a light NO`F'n`Way!
i could buy a bunch of LED strips and make my own brake light for that cost lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts