Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to my favorite tire shop and got my third set of F1's installed today. I bought the tires from a fellow forum member in NY (Thanks Everett) for a great price. Getting 4 F1's into my 300C SRT-8 was fun! (kinda like doing a Rubic's cube) When I got to the tire shop I asked if they would mind if I got rid of the remaining tread on my bologna skin rear tires before the install. "No problem" he said, just stay on the concrete and off the asphalt. They didn't want me to rip the blacktop off the asphalt (literally). The concrete goes parallel to the bulding then wraps around to the front office with the big picture windows. So I backed up to about 10 feet from the rear wall and "Let her rip". I'm talking NHRA style, smoke billowing out of the wheel wells, power brake, easily 100 foot long burnout, and at the end hung a right towards the front office and picture windows (remember, I had to stay on the concrete). The look on the faces of the mechanics and the manager and the customers in the waiting room was, I dare say, PRICELESS! They all thought for sure I was about to install a new "Drive Thru"!

Of course, with my awesome SRT-8, controlling the burnout and stopping well before installing said "Drive Thru" was not a challenge. (God I love this car!). So, after coming to a stop I back up a bit and circle around the parking lot back to the bay awaiting my car. Holy S%$t, is there a damn forest fire around here or something? I laughed my ass off as I saw the entire building engulfed in rubber smoke. When I got out I said, "Sorry, the traction control must have been off". Everyone was standing outside with their mouths hanging open. Jeff the manager said, "I thought you were gonna lose it over there" pointing towards the front windows. "Nah" I said, "Just making sure I stayed on the concrete". After a good laugh and lots of positive feedback and comments like "No wonder he needs tires", we got to work. We used one of those lifts that has two towers and arms that reach in from the sides and put the car up. Kevin, my trusted mechanic for 17 years now, inspected the underside of my car with me and tightened all of my muffler clamps (thanks Meister for that tip). Then we yanked all four wheels and started the tire transplant. As Steve pulled each wheel, I cleaned the back side of each rim, then after he removed each tire I cleaned the inner portion. Then after he installed each tire, Bill removed all wheel weights and rebalanced each wheel. Then Steve and I cleaned any residue from previous wheel weights and Steve remounted the four wheels and torqued the lug nuts. Then we bagged all four used tires (a few chunks seemed to be missing from the rears) and jigsawed the bagged tires back into the car. I tipped Steve and Bill and Jeff and was about to leave when Frankie started egging me on to "Light 'em up". I thought about it for a split second, no way. I turned off my GSM Torque Mod, left the ESP on, and put the car in "Drive": 3 things I never do. I drove out and felt my car with all new rubber, driving smoothly, and I kid you not, it felt a little bit taller (probably due to having tread on the tires). This lasted about 10-15 minutes. I get on the 101 freeway and the traffic sucks! No surprise, it's Friday afternoon. A few miles into the ride I spot a black SRT-4 in the left lane. I get in the middle lane and get next to him, roll down my window and gave him props: "Nice Car" I said. "This is a Race Car" the passenger said, "So is this" I said, and punched it! With traffic, it was only a 2nd gear punch and then decel. I slowed down and they rolled up on my left, "What engine do you have" the passenger asked, "6.1 Hemi, this is an SRT-8" I replied (I don't have the SRT-8 badge anymore: Stealth) Thumbs up from both driver and passenger. Just then my buddy Eddie calls, he's got me on speaker in his Magnum SRT-8 and I've got him on speaker in my 300C SRT-8 (I Love U Connect) and we compared notes. He's on the same freeway on the other side of town crawling. I told him about the SRT-4 and as were playing Eddie can here everything, including the Pop Off valve on the SRT-4. "I'm barely moving, how come you get to have all the fun?" Then I thought "Screw this" and decided to turn on the GSM Mod. As I recall, the car needs to be off to turn it on, so I put the car in neutral, turned off the key, hit the toggle switch and restarted the car and put it back in "Drive" "Oh S%$t" Eddie heard me exclaim. No power. The car is running, the tach is barely rising with WOT. Crap, it's in Limp Mode. I pulled onto he shoulder shut it down, Restarted without the Torque Mod, no problem. Shut it off, enabled the Mod, started up and Voila, everythings okay. As I look ahead I see the SRT-4 on the shoulder ahead, backing up: (my brothers). I put my directional on and started to merge back into traffic. Then further down the road a bit traffic started to open up. 60 mph (2nd gear) and I let the SRT-4 hit it first (mistake) damn that car is quick. I stayed with him, but didn't pass him, then we both slow down because of the lappers (I mean traffic). Next opening, 60 mph, we both hit it and I got the best of him, but not by much (damn that car is quick) we played for a while and then I saw a black BMW 545i in the middle lane ahead, I eased into the left and rolled up next to him, all mild and civilized like. Then as we were side by side, I grabbed second gear (about 60-65mph) and punched it! I looked back and see that he has accepted my invitation, and is in the left lane, speeding up. So I slowed down in the middle lane, thinking we can all play. Nope. He's just gonna fly past me. Oh, hell no! As he was about to fly past me I punched it and killed him. He had a good head of steam and thought he was gonna just fly by. From about 60 mph in second gear I crushed his dream of spanking my 300. Then I slowed down and sure enough he rocketed past. The SRT-4 came up on my left and we all got a chuckle at the Bimmers expense. Then I realized I am about 3 exits past my destination. Thumbs up to the SRT-4, exited the freeway, hung a U turn and continued my errands.

So what did you do today?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Motivation

:01: Great story man.Very inspirational! I hope you have stock in a gas corp. because after reading this everyone who can will be taking their beasts out today for a spanking.I know I will.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
mjr5150 said:
:01: Great story man.Very inspirational! I hope you have stock in a gas corp. because after reading this everyone who can will be taking their beasts out today for a spanking.I know I will.
Ditto! I want to go out and play but we got 10" of snow coming down.

Maybe I'll race a snow plow . . .:stups:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
That is what I love most about our HEMI POWERED MUSCLE SEDANS. It is also why I loved my 96 Impala SS. So many people think that just because you have those 2 extra doors (4 door) you are not classified as a "race car" or in there league (sports cars).

When you remind them that you are not to be taken lightly, (i.e. lighting them up at a tire store or freeway roaming, looking for action like DR does,lol)

You can drive home with a S*** eating grin, knowing your last kill will not know what to tell his buddies, just happened, he'll probably keep it to himself out of "the shame", "the horror" of just being taken by a BOULEVARD PROFILER, TIRE LIQUEFIER "4 Door Saloon".

There was a saying in our Impala SS club "There are no Aetheists at 150 M.P.H." You will find something/someone to believe in after you break that threshold and keep on going.

That is something only a handful of "2 door" sports cars can handle. Our saloons can do that all day long. Sometimes it is good to be the heavy one of the crowd. My SRT is PHAT.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
791 Posts
FreebirdSRT said:
That is what I love most about our HEMI POWERED MUSCLE SEDANS. It is also why I loved my 96 Impala SS. So many people think that just because you have those 2 extra doors (4 door) you are not classified as a "race car" or in there league (sports cars).
The SRT8 is a natural follow-on to the Impala SS and I'm not surprised to keep finding former acquaintences from NAISSO and the various local SS clubs have bought one.

Here's what I replaced with the Chrysler:



The only bummer is that, while the SRT8 is incredibly fast and more well rounded than the Impala SS (prior to mods), it's not as exclusive as the SS was back in 1996. The horsepower wars have created so many other interesting cars that, as fantastic as the SRT8 is, it doesn't stand apart as much as the SS did in its time. In no way is this meant to diminish what the SRT8 is all about. It's just that drivers now have other choices (albeit much more expensive) if they want a 4-door, stealth, muscle car. Ten years ago, the Impala SS was all there was. That lead to the most incredibly loyal, rabid, and cohesive fan base I have ever seen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the SRT8 owners can pull themselves together into something that resembles the strength of the Impala SS movement a decade ago. Much of the pleasure of owning that car was the incredible network of regional and national clubs and the support they offered each other in terms of modification ideas, new product development, national meets coordinated with the factory, and logistics support.

An example of the latter was when I found myself trapped in Florida on 9/11 with no idea if my wife made it out of her WTC office alive. The local club president found out where I was, through a mutual friend, since he knew where my wife worked. He set up a "relay race" of Impalas (and police cars) standing by to whisk me and my father back to New Jersey and back, hopefully, to my wife. All I had to do was say the word and the plan would have gone into motion. It helped me manage the next five hours of waiting for word, to know that I had an option to get home to my family. My wife ended up OK (physically), with just a few cuts and lots of bruises and I ended up staying in Florida until I could fly home. But the club was there to help - instantly.

They also set up a national "fallen deer" directory of club members who could provide tools, a shop, food, emergency lodging, etc. for Impala club members who had mechanical problems while far from home.
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
Dave - your story about the loyalty of SS owners, 911, the WTC and your wife sent shivers up and down my spine.

What a collision of emotions . . . Whew!

Thanks for sharing that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
The SRT8 is a natural follow-on to the Impala SS and I'm not surprised to keep finding former acquaintences from NAISSO and the various local SS clubs have bought one. One accounted for here Dave (FreebirdSRT). Ex-Impala SS fighter pilot reporting for duty sir.

Here's what I replaced with the Chrysler:



The only bummer is that, while the SRT8 is incredibly fast and more well rounded than the Impala SS (prior to mods), it's not as exclusive as the SS was back in 1996. The horsepower wars have created so many other interesting cars that, as fantastic as the SRT8 is, it doesn't stand apart as much as the SS did in its time. In no way is this meant to diminish what the SRT8 is all about. It's just that drivers now have other choices (albeit much more expensive) if they want a 4-door, stealth, muscle car. Ten years ago, the Impala SS was all there was. That lead to the most incredibly loyal, rabid, and cohesive fan base I have ever seen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the SRT8 owners can pull themselves together into something that resembles the strength of the Impala SS movement a decade ago. Much of the pleasure of owning that car was the incredible network of regional and national clubs and the support they offered each other in terms of modification ideas, new product development, national meets coordinated with the factory, and logistics support.

An example of the latter was when I found myself trapped in Florida on 9/11 with no idea if my wife made it out of her WTC office alive. The local club president found out where I was, through a mutual friend, since he knew where my wife worked. He set up a "relay race" of Impalas (and police cars) standing by to whisk me and my father back to New Jersey and back, hopefully, to my wife. All I had to do was say the word and the plan would have gone into motion. It helped me manage the next five hours of waiting for word, to know that I had an option to get home to my family. My wife ended up OK (physically), with just a few cuts and lots of bruises and I ended up staying in Florida until I could fly home. But the club was there to help - instantly.

They also set up a national "fallen deer" directory of club members who could provide tools, a shop, food, emergency lodging, etc. for Impala club members who had mechanical problems while far from home.
Dave:

I couldn't agree with you more. I am one of those ex-NAISSO (national level)and HAIL (local level) and was also an on-call "fallen deer" runner (owner) that you speak of. My '96 beaSSt was known as "V8-TANK", 5,000+ lb. of pavement pounding, ready for WAR, "Corvette Powered Muscle Sedan". Plus she was DGGM colored (dark green grey metallic) so i used to joke that she was so strong, we could mount a 50mm cannon on the roof and we had a TANK ready for urban warfare,lol.

I also agree with Dave that I am starting to see alot of ex-Naisso and other local members, who previously were Impala SS owners of the Tri-nines (94-96), starting to show up here in both 3CF and LXF forums as SRT owners. It seemed we all like what we saw with the 300C, but we all had owned the late great LT1 Vette engine and that was a 5.7L as well. When news of the SRT hit the airwaves. I think that it perked up a lot of lost souls, yearning for that day again for a load up all the ladies in the 4 door, crank up the AC and the tunes, get your motor running, we got 106 miles to Chicago, half a pack of smokes, full tank, wearing sunglasses at night, Hit it.... kind of car again.

Today my incredible '06 3CSRT/8 is "FreebirdSRT". She is not as much a beaSSt/TANK as my '96, she is more graceful/agile and can reach the sky like the Eagle (free spirted). This SRT is what I have been waiting for to replace my SS. The Mercury Marauder didn't even make a blip on my radar map, it did nothing for me.

Bo'sRT (3CForums) and I (both ex-HAIL/NAISSO members) were talking the other day how we just got spoiled by the love,modding, and even a grass roots effort (nationwide) for us to fab/produce from scratch, parts that are just a phone call or a click away from getting today. In our HAIL club, when we would all buy a mod through a GP, like Hotchkis sway bars for example.
We would all meet for a group install and all help each other do the installs. Hail would have roughly 30 SS show up for the weekend mod session. BBQ tailer was hauled out and we cooked, ate a lot , drank a few beers and did sway bar installs on maybe 10 cars. Not all the SS were there for an install they were just happy to be with other like minded folks, who really were proud of there ride, and the great friends that were made.

Dave wrote: "I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the SRT8 owners can pull themselves together into something that resembles the strength of the Impala SS movement a decade ago."

I am hoping for the same Dave. Here is another example of the SS fan base. And what I am hoping will evolve over here with the SRT bunch. It took the 300 C Forums to remind Dave and I (through conversations) that we have actually met at past national Impala SS events. Speaking of members reaching out to other members. Dave was traveling to SanFran for an SS event, he was already known for his braking skills/work back then,lol. The local SS club all met him at the airport, took him on the town, fed him some dinner, made is welcome a real pleasure to be driven around town in modded out SS's, we always traveled in packs. One of the guys in SanFran, was Ed Runnion, we lost Ed (he was a HAIL member) to the SanFran guys because of a job Ed took there. Lucky bastards. Dave and I were just talking about him the other day.

To members of the 300CForums. Ed was the national Impala SS go-to guy, mod beta-tester, etc. that our Jim "Meister" is here on the 300Cforums and LXForums. The registered in-house Guru of all auto knowledge. When I read Meisters posts on certain things like the thourough Thermostat test he posted and his conclusions, I thought for a moment I was reading one of Ed's old posts. Jim, both you and Ed are very similar in your impressions, feedback, etc. knowledge and base of engines, 1/4 mile runs, etc. We are very lucky to have you, Jim, as our registered in-house guru here at 3CF and LXF. :hail:

The third connection came when I saw a picture of Daves "Mark Michna SS CAI pipe" installed in his SS. The Michna pipe was made by one of our Houston members and sold on the national site. Myself and our local webmaster also made one of several sequential taillight turn signal mods that was available to the members. Today there are probably 10 diff. CAI you can buy or click to buy for any number of cars. We literally had to make our own or "get in bed" with the few guys out there that would make something for us (GM themselves, a few wheels Co., Hotchkis and Eibach were the first to really step up for us.)

I also see Dave and I have a forth connection now, to our past SS days. After seeing this newest picture of your ride today Dave, we both rolled on the same shoes.



The Impala SS was truly a one of a kind car. I only regret having to part with her (started my own buss. in '01 and needed the extra cash). I made a promise, when I sold TANK, that I will find another '96 one day and re-build her from the ground up. Today I could not think of a better replacement for my Impala SS than the Chrysler 3CSRT. Coming from an ex-Impala owner and many other GM's I have owned, that is a huge testament and compliment to DCX, coming from a life long member of the General's Army (GM). Kudos to MercBenz for stepping up and making the best purchase of there life and giving us ex-beaSSt owners something to smile about again. My soul is lost no more. There engineering and the history of the HEMI combined is a match made in heaven.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
FreebirdSRT said:
That is what I love most about our HEMI POWERED MUSCLE SEDANS. It is also why I loved my 96 Impala SS. So many people think that just because you have those 2 extra doors (4 door) you are not classified as a "race car" or in there league (sports cars).

When you remind them that you are not to be taken lightly, (i.e. lighting them up at a tire store or freeway roaming, looking for action like DR does,lol)

You can drive home with a S*** eating grin, knowing your last kill will not know what to tell his buddies, just happened, he'll probably keep it to himself out of "the shame", "the horror" of just being taken by a BOULEVARD PROFILER, TIRE LIQUEFIER "4 Door Saloon".

There was a saying in our Impala SS club "There are no Aetheists at 150 M.P.H." You will find something/someone to believe in after you break that threshold and keep on going.

That is something only a handful of "2 door" sports cars can handle. Our saloons can do that all day long. Sometimes it is good to be the heavy one of the crowd. My SRT is PHAT.
Just a quick note, SRT-4s are four doors also :stups: Without the badge, he really can be excused for not knowing what he was up against. Most informed SRT-4 owners would know exactly where they stand against an SRT-8, we're SRT owners also, and do keep up on the family:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Northern Rider said:
Ditto! I want to go out and play but we got 10" of snow coming down.

Maybe I'll race a snow plow . . .:stups:
lol...Hey nitro plows,that's a good idea!:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
glhs837 said:
Just a quick note, SRT-4s are four doors also :stups: Without the badge, he really can be excused for not knowing what he was up against. Most informed SRT-4 owners would know exactly where they stand against an SRT-8, we're SRT owners also, and do keep up on the family:)
I have seen the SRT-4 in action and have not forgotten about the little guy, I know what they are capable of. In Houston, you have to be very careful when rolling up on any car that looks like it can go. A lot of people here love sleepers.

You see, I am 6'4" and 250, not a good candidate for the SRT-4. Eventhough it does have 4 doors and qualify's as a sedan. When I sit in it, by the time I get my seat in the right place, there is no back seat, thus I qualify it as a sports car for my size.

I feel a little more comfy in the 3CSRT, but not near the room and comfort of my 96 Impala SS. 5 full sized adults, all big like me, they played college football with me could all get in my SS and still had a little breathing room.That is a Full Size Sedan.

I will probably ruffle some feathers here, but to me the 300C should be classified as a mid-size sedan. If you find a Ford crown victoria or an Impala SS sitting around, pull your 300 up next to it. You will see what I mean. Even the Mercury Marauder is a full size sedan. Todays excuse for an Impala, from GM, is the same size as our 300. If someone tells me that too is a full size sedan like our 300, well todays Impala replaced Chevy's old mid-size Lumina sedan, not the 94-96 Impala SS. Chevy saw how well our Impalas sold and they knew they were killing our car in 96, they took the "Impala" name only and slapped it on there aging Lumina. Only recently has GM tried to counter with the butchering of themselves and Ford by our sweet 300's. But dare they slapp an SS on there Impala name with that thing they are calling an Impala now. Ohh the shame. To me that was a knife in my heart and to my 96 SS, when they put the Luminala's on the road shortly after they axed the best thing they had going besides there Vette's. GM still didn't know what they had on their hands and killed it for more greed in the SUV's. They would have had such a huge following. I am sure glad DCX did there homework. I am proud and honored to own this 3CSRT8 just like I was at 26 and in my Impala SS with the whole world ahead of me. Now I am 36 a new lease on life (Divorced) and the whole world ahead of me again but this time in my 3CSRT.

"I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I am enjoying the ride" J. Garcia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
FreebirdSRT said:
I will probably ruffle some feathers here, but to me the 300C should be classified as a mid-size sedan. If you find a Ford crown victoria or an Impala SS sitting around, pull your 300 up next to it. You will see what I mean. Even the Mercury Marauder is a full size sedan. Todays excuse for an Impala, from GM, is the same size as our 300. If someone tells me that too is a full size sedan like our 300, well todays Impala replaced Chevy's old mid-size Lumina sedan, not the 94-96 Impala SS.
I agree. The Charger outscored the Crown Vic in every category but one in a police department comparison. That exception was "ergonomics", i.e. interior room. So they're still buying Crown Vics.

The 300 is a very efficiently packaged midsize sedan. That's fine with me because I'm not so large, and parking spaces around here are small and roads narrow. For a fullsize vehicle these days, there is not much except SUV's and the Crown Vic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
DanRealtor said:
...I asked if they would mind if I got rid of the remaining tread on my bologna skin rear tires before the install.

...So what did you do today?
Something un-surprisingly similar. ;)

Under consideration for a while now.

With my Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s due any day now, I knew that my stock Contis had one final task to perform before being retired at the age of 14 months, with 25,236 miles on them and 3/32 tread remaining all around.

So off to my secret test track I went this morning, with elder son charged with documenting the roast.

This is a small sample of the 40 plus slides worth of smoke we netted:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Terrific post! Just one quick question. Did you ever consider getting your exhaust welded and removing the clamps? I got my Zoomers welded so they won't budge at all. I've had no problems so far and no exhaust vibrations or rubbing. A good welding would IMO be much better than clamps that could get loose or move. Especially if your mechanic does a good job, it will look awsome when on the rack.

DanRealtor said:
So I went to my favorite tire shop and got my third set of F1's installed today. I bought the tires from a fellow forum member in NY (Thanks Everett) for a great price. Getting 4 F1's into my 300C SRT-8 was fun! (kinda like doing a Rubic's cube) When I got to the tire shop I asked if they would mind if I got rid of the remaining tread on my bologna skin rear tires before the install. "No problem" he said, just stay on the concrete and off the asphalt. They didn't want me to rip the blacktop off the asphalt (literally). The concrete goes parallel to the bulding then wraps around to the front office with the big picture windows. So I backed up to about 10 feet from the rear wall and "Let her rip". I'm talking NHRA style, smoke billowing out of the wheel wells, power brake, easily 100 foot long burnout, and at the end hung a right towards the front office and picture windows (remember, I had to stay on the concrete). The look on the faces of the mechanics and the manager and the customers in the waiting room was, I dare say, PRICELESS! They all thought for sure I was about to install a new "Drive Thru"!

Of course, with my awesome SRT-8, controlling the burnout and stopping well before installing said "Drive Thru" was not a challenge. (God I love this car!). So, after coming to a stop I back up a bit and circle around the parking lot back to the bay awaiting my car. Holy S%$t, is there a damn forest fire around here or something? I laughed my ass off as I saw the entire building engulfed in rubber smoke. When I got out I said, "Sorry, the traction control must have been off". Everyone was standing outside with their mouths hanging open. Jeff the manager said, "I thought you were gonna lose it over there" pointing towards the front windows. "Nah" I said, "Just making sure I stayed on the concrete". After a good laugh and lots of positive feedback and comments like "No wonder he needs tires", we got to work. We used one of those lifts that has two towers and arms that reach in from the sides and put the car up. Kevin, my trusted mechanic for 17 years now, inspected the underside of my car with me and tightened all of my muffler clamps (thanks Meister for that tip). Then we yanked all four wheels and started the tire transplant. As Steve pulled each wheel, I cleaned the back side of each rim, then after he removed each tire I cleaned the inner portion. Then after he installed each tire, Bill removed all wheel weights and rebalanced each wheel. Then Steve and I cleaned any residue from previous wheel weights and Steve remounted the four wheels and torqued the lug nuts. Then we bagged all four used tires (a few chunks seemed to be missing from the rears) and jigsawed the bagged tires back into the car. I tipped Steve and Bill and Jeff and was about to leave when Frankie started egging me on to "Light 'em up". I thought about it for a split second, no way. I turned off my GSM Torque Mod, left the ESP on, and put the car in "Drive": 3 things I never do. I drove out and felt my car with all new rubber, driving smoothly, and I kid you not, it felt a little bit taller (probably due to having tread on the tires). This lasted about 10-15 minutes. I get on the 101 freeway and the traffic sucks! No surprise, it's Friday afternoon. A few miles into the ride I spot a black SRT-4 in the left lane. I get in the middle lane and get next to him, roll down my window and gave him props: "Nice Car" I said. "This is a Race Car" the passenger said, "So is this" I said, and punched it! With traffic, it was only a 2nd gear punch and then decel. I slowed down and they rolled up on my left, "What engine do you have" the passenger asked, "6.1 Hemi, this is an SRT-8" I replied (I don't have the SRT-8 badge anymore: Stealth) Thumbs up from both driver and passenger. Just then my buddy Eddie calls, he's got me on speaker in his Magnum SRT-8 and I've got him on speaker in my 300C SRT-8 (I Love U Connect) and we compared notes. He's on the same freeway on the other side of town crawling. I told him about the SRT-4 and as were playing Eddie can here everything, including the Pop Off valve on the SRT-4. "I'm barely moving, how come you get to have all the fun?" Then I thought "Screw this" and decided to turn on the GSM Mod. As I recall, the car needs to be off to turn it on, so I put the car in neutral, turned off the key, hit the toggle switch and restarted the car and put it back in "Drive" "Oh S%$t" Eddie heard me exclaim. No power. The car is running, the tach is barely rising with WOT. Crap, it's in Limp Mode. I pulled onto he shoulder shut it down, Restarted without the Torque Mod, no problem. Shut it off, enabled the Mod, started up and Voila, everythings okay. As I look ahead I see the SRT-4 on the shoulder ahead, backing up: (my brothers). I put my directional on and started to merge back into traffic. Then further down the road a bit traffic started to open up. 60 mph (2nd gear) and I let the SRT-4 hit it first (mistake) damn that car is quick. I stayed with him, but didn't pass him, then we both slow down because of the lappers (I mean traffic). Next opening, 60 mph, we both hit it and I got the best of him, but not by much (damn that car is quick) we played for a while and then I saw a black BMW 545i in the middle lane ahead, I eased into the left and rolled up next to him, all mild and civilized like. Then as we were side by side, I grabbed second gear (about 60-65mph) and punched it! I looked back and see that he has accepted my invitation, and is in the left lane, speeding up. So I slowed down in the middle lane, thinking we can all play. Nope. He's just gonna fly past me. Oh, hell no! As he was about to fly past me I punched it and killed him. He had a good head of steam and thought he was gonna just fly by. From about 60 mph in second gear I crushed his dream of spanking my 300. Then I slowed down and sure enough he rocketed past. The SRT-4 came up on my left and we all got a chuckle at the Bimmers expense. Then I realized I am about 3 exits past my destination. Thumbs up to the SRT-4, exited the freeway, hung a U turn and continued my errands.

So what did you do today?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Impala SS

Another previous Impala SS ... was waiting for something to replace the SS ... seriously considered the Marauder but wasn't satisfied with the lack of power.

Seriously considered the Camaro SS, Lightning and the 05 Mustang Cobra but none could hold the passangers and hockey bag trunk space.

Finaly the 300c ... what's next ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Ahbizmal said:
were you running away from the smoke? :lol:
Went totally IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) inside the cab & had to bail. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
Meister said:
Something un-surprisingly similar. ;)

Under consideration for a while now.

With my Goodyear F1 GS-D3s due any day now, I knew that my stock Contis had one final task to perform before being retired at the age of 14 months, with 25,236 miles on them and 3/32 tread remaining all around.

So off to my secret test track I went this morning, with elder son charged with documenting the roast.

This is a small sample of the 40 plus slides worth of smoke we netted:
Meister, that looks too cool. Funny thing, I almost went out to the 'secret playground' today myself...wife got in the way:01:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
Meister said:
Something un-surprisingly similar. ;)

Under consideration for a while now.

With my Goodyear F1 GS-D3s due any day now, I knew that my stock Contis had one final task to perform before being retired at the age of 14 months, with 25,236 miles on them and 3/32 tread remaining all around.

So off to my secret test track I went this morning, with elder son charged with documenting the roast.

This is a small sample of the 40 plus slides worth of smoke we netted:
Jim, that is the way to roast them up very nicely. Job well done. Nothing like the smell of burnt rubber in the morning. It smells like , victory.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,382 Posts
artichoke said:
I agree. The Charger outscored the Crown Vic in every category but one in a police department comparison. That exception was "ergonomics", i.e. interior room. So they're still buying Crown Vics.

The 300 is a very efficiently packaged midsize sedan. That's fine with me because I'm not so large, and parking spaces around here are small and roads narrow. For a fullsize vehicle these days, there is not much except SUV's and the Crown Vic.

Yes they are still using the C Vics, for that is really all there is. When GM gave the Impala SS the axe it also axed the Caprice Classic. They shut the plant down in Arlington, TX. where all the caprice cop cars, caprices, caprice wagons and the last three years, the Impala SS were built as well as all GM rear wheel drive sedans (Buick Roadmaster, etc). They re-tooled the Arlington factory to make SUV's. If you remember in 96, all police were forced to switch to the Crown vics and have been running the crowns, since then. There reliable, run all 3 shifts, chevy V8 engines, in the caprice classics, were no longer available after 96. Since then, every auto manufac. has tried to offer up something for the police, but they all come up short of one thing, space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
hmmm....
my day today brother love...
was waking at 6am...
washing the car at 6:10am...
for an hour and a half...
driving to the once a month meet in SD...
sharing my car with everyone...
soccer game with daughter coaching...
regular coach got asked to leave after I helped out...
then shooting up to Anaheim for their meet and greet...
having the HOOTER GIRLS do their "dance" around me...
pcitures galore...
by the way where are they...
drove the new Cherokee SRT8
silly sick!
except having to get used to the AWD...
and not being able to break the rear end out...
because of the front wheels...
driving...
offering to sell my 300C SRT8 after driving the Cherokee SRT8...
and then leaving the M&G follwing Tmagnum...
and filling his mirror not once but twice with eventful happens behind him...
once sideways...
and once up his arse at 115 decimals points...
GOD I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!
hope you had as much fun as I did today on my birthday...
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top