Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
DanRealtor said:
...Then I thought "Screw this" and decided to turn on the GSM Mod. As I recall, the car needs to be off to turn it on...
Not so.

Engaging the GSM ESP/Torque Management switch is totally on the fly.

Ready to be engaged even in the heat of battle.

The only torque mod, ever, that will be able to say that.

Period.

Moose said:
Meister, that looks too cool. Funny thing, I almost went out to the 'secret playground' today myself...wife got in the way:01:
Sorry you got diverted, Moose.

You could have gotten to see the smoke show first hand.

FreebirdSRT said:
Jim, that is the way to roast them up very nicely. Job well done. Nothing like the smell of burnt rubber in the morning. It smells like , victory.
Damn straight, Mark.

And the smell of victory?...... Priceless!

;)

Then further down the road a bit traffic started to open up. 60 mph (2nd gear) and I let the SRT-4 hit it first (mistake) damn that car is quick. I stayed with him, but didn't pass him, then we both slow down because of the lappers (I mean traffic). Next opening, 60 mph, we both hit it and I got the best of him, but not by much (damn that car is quick) we played for a while and then I saw a black BMW 545i in the middle lane ahead, I eased into the left and rolled up next to him, all mild and civilized like. Then as we were side by side, I grabbed second gear (about 60-65mph) and punched it! I looked back and see that he has accepted my invitation, and is in the left lane, speeding up.

So what did you do today?
[/QUOTE]

Check this video out...yes, those SRT4's are bad arse.
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C415FA13-A75D-4C51-8FD2-83062A58767A

cbutler32 said:
...drove the new Cherokee SRT8
silly sick!
and not being able to break the rear end out...
offering to sell my 300C SRT8 after driving the Cherokee SRT8...
Have also driven one... the neck-snapping torque of the Grand Cherokee SRT8 at launch is nothing short of unbelievable. Reminds me of those amusement rides, like in Vegas at the top of the Stratosphere where you are shot up in the air like a rocket. Almost the same feeling although maybe not quite as extreme.

Reading it I could almost smell the melting tires. Excellent post!

Meister said:
Here's the video follow up to post 12, made several days later, and gererously hosted by grinner: http://grinnerhester.com/MeistersBurn.mov

LOVE IT!!!

suggestion for you though...
Get your camera person upwind next time...
you of all people knowing wind and its characteristics...:wink1:

STILL LOVED IT WINGMAN!!!

cbutler32 said:
LOVE IT!!!

suggestion for you though...
Get your camera person upwind next time...
you of all people knowing wind and its characteristics...
Chris, Chris, Chris - where is your sense of cinematic impact? ;)

Do you actually believe Hitchcock or Spielberg would have been shooting from upwind? :pat:

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Chris

Meister said:

Do you actually believe Hitchcock or Spielberg would have been shooting from upwind? :pat:
You'll have to excuse Chris: He's obviously confused!

He must be thinking of the old saying about not Spitting/Pissing into the wind.

Smoking Conti's is a whole 'nother story!

Nicely done Meister!

what makes the video is the grin that appears out of a total white frame that was sustained for several seconds due to being downwind of the smokage.
props to the driver, the director, the camera dude and the freaked out person driving by wondering what the hell was wrong with that poor old guy's 4-door sedan.

Meister said:

noooooooooooooooooo...
cause I wanted to see another 12-15 seconds of burnout...
and you stopped when you lost sight of your "director"...
and they failed to do any close ups of the "cord"....

Kidding everyone...
always kidding...
My wingman knows what I really wanted to see...

honestly...
glad to see you practicing safe burnouts...:wink:

Even through the crappy speakers on my laptop that engine sound is AWESOME!

...yes, those SRT4's are bad arse.
My 04 SRT-4 was pushing over 300Hp at the wheels with Stage 2 installed. My best was 12.57@111.17 in the 1/4 mile. Same car with better driver than me would hit 12.3 sec, around 113. Not bad for a 2.4 L 4 banger! I understand the new SRT-4 (Caliber) will be on the showroom with 300hp at the wheels and AWD! Expected to be a wild sub 5 sec ride 0-60. Unfortunately, deteriorating nerve tissue on the left side forced me out of the manual based vehicles (clutch foot). So I have to play with the autosticks now.

Mr MoPar

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.