Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I safely made it to and from Indiana from Oklahoma. Over 1800 miles and it was awesome.

I have arthritis issues in my knees, ankles, hips, and pretty much everywhere else. when i drive after about 2 hours most of those joints are on fire and i am going crazy. Not anymore.

on the way there we stopped in st. louis for the night so our 2 legs of the trip were about 5.5 to 6 hours. at no time did i have any discomfort at all.

then it got better.

I drove back to oklahoma and planned to make the entire trip in one day. i made great time from indiana to st louis but sat on the highway just west of st louis for 3 hours because of the flooding. so i made it to tulsa for the night, 11.5 hours of driving and when i got to tulsa i was just starting to get slightly uncomfortable. it was awesome.

i knew i loved this car but never thought it would be good for my health.

i also highly recommend the Avic-z2. the nav is spot on, sat radio and ipod are awesome and popping in dvds helped pass the time really well.

I averaged 19 miles per gallon teh whole trip, which i was ok with. cruise was set at 78 on the highways and 85 on the turnpike so the mileage was pretty good.

i am ashamed i didnt get this car a long time ago but i have seen the light and love it.

sorry for all the gushing.

take it easy
B

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I know what you mean bigbmc79 I drove from New York to Canada and it took me 6hrs.Me and my wife coudnt believe it when we got there it felt much shorter.This car is so comfortble when you are driving on long trips.I have a problem with my lower back and like you said I had no problems with my back after six hours in the 300.Who needs docters just drive your 300!LOL

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
And if you ever get a Heritage Edition, SRT-Design Group or the full SRT8 model you will be even more comfortable in the driver's seat. The 300C seats are just fine, but they don't compare to the confort of the SRT-type seats with their deeper bolsters.

I actually prefer the light colored SRT-type seats in the Heritage Edition (with vented leather in the center inserts) than the full out and usually dark SRT seats (with suede in the center inserts). The wife says the H.E. seats are the most comfortable furniture we own!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Dont the USA "C"s have leather seats?? my UK "C" does,very comfy indeed

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
What a great testimony to the comfort of these vehicles, especially since you have some serious arthritis issues! I'm glad your traveling time made it all worth it as well.

Some people do prefer the SRT style seats but others have commented that they don't care for them. It just comes down to personal preference and no one can answer that better than someone who has sat in the seat for an extended amount of time before taking a break.

bruno

.....all Cs in the U.S. come with leather seats.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with you. The 300C actually just feels good to drive. Good suspension, hugs the pavement, good steering and a hood that you could look at all day while driving. Plus enough speed when called for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got my car after bilateral hip replacements.
So comfortable.
Wonder if I had gotten my 300c earlier if I could have went longer without surgery.

My Mom is 400 miles one way away from where I live and I will make the 1st trip in my 300C to see her soon. I am sure it will be a much better drive then the Cirrus was. I did love my Cirrus too but it had some years and alot of miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I go out and drive aimlessly with my car because when I am driving it.. I AM COMFORTABLE! It's crazy, I turn the seat heater on and I will just go nowhere in particular but I sure enjoy the ride.... And dang I've racked up some miles in the past few weeks, going nowhere! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey there

Hi Big. noticed the Oklahoma destination. Are you in Tulsa or somewhere else in OK. Would like to get a look at your back-up camera set-up if your in Tulsa sometime.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Drove my C from Irvine Cali to Vancouver Canada in one trip it took about 21 1/2 hours of driving and I still felt like I could do more when I got home.. Best car I've driven for long trips

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TA
I am in norman so not in tulsa. i could post some pics when i get a chance. the location of my cam is not my favorite on the vehicle but functionality wise it works well. it is at the top of the license plate but not mounted in the bumper (which is what i told the installer to do) they said it was not a flush mount camera so it couldnt be mounted in the bumber which i think is BS since this is the cam that pioneer says to use. oh well it works and it doesnt bother me too much and i dont have time to get it changed right now. anyway i will let you know when i get some pics up
take it easy
B

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks Big. Thought you where in Norman when I saw Sooner field . My youngest is currently a freshman down there. How is your cam displayed? is it through the sat radio or your pioneer unit. I would like to get one but just a lot of questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it is through my avic-z2. its a great image and works really well. i do not look at it all the time but its nice to be able to see if cars are coming when backing out of a parking space and at night out of the driveway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts