Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yesterday my little cousins (16 and 14 years old) were celebrating "420" and was driving 50mph on a 30mph street. lost control and hit a minivan head on sending 4 people to the hospital. My cousins were smoking pot all day and was high. i dont know whats going to happen to them but what ever the cops decide to do they deserve it. Here's some pics. This is what happens when you try to be a big man too early:

And here is the 14 year old passenger on the stretcher w/ his "Dope Boy" shirt on:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry about the quality, it was taken w/ my cell phone and some my wife took w/ the digi cam.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Can't see the pics but my condolences for your cousins none-the-less. Smoke weed all you want but keep it off the streets. I'm sure they're good kids otherwise and they'll learn from this.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can't see the pics but my condolences for your cousins none-the-less. Smoke weed all you want but keep it off the streets. I'm sure they're good kids otherwise and they'll learn from this.

like you say.. in the privacy of your own home it's your business. But there could be innocent people doing their own thing potentially getting killed as a result of someones actions. I hope the law throws the book at them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cousins,hope everything works out and like Adam contol said they learn from this.We were all kids and did stupid things but for some reason it just seams like the kids these days just dont care about dying.I live in Staten Island NY and every time a pick up a newspaper I see that another teen dies in a car wreck.In the last year about 10 teens died.I am just teaching my daughter how to drive and I try to teach her and tell her the good and bad of driving.I am always showing her the newspaper when something bad happens like this so she learns from it hopefully!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Oh Man I'm so sorry about the whole thing. Watch the papers this time of year we always lose some teen drivers for stupid reasons that involve inexperience and driving. May/june when they get out of school and the celebrations begin. I sure hope that something good comes out of this,for everyone. Many young people with something like this in their past still grow to become productive adults and even leaders in the community. Live and LEARN and move forward. They are alive .Good luck to them.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
What the???

Adam (out of) Control,

I believe your condolences are directed to the wrong people here. These little bastards should have no sympathy. To hell with them and the whole pot culture.

OK, let the bashing begin...

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Are we afraid to admit that drugs are bad?

like you say.. in the privacy of your own home it's your business. But there could be innocent people doing their own thing potentially getting killed as a result of someones actions. I hope the law throws the book at them.
Actually it's not "your business." It's everyone's business, and it's unlawful. In my line of work I see this **** all the time. And to be honest, a disproportionate number of the kids who smoke weed have parents who smoke weed. And don't come back with the line, "I've been smoking for bla, bla, bla." I've seen too much crap to bite on that one.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
This bothers me

Oh Man I'm so sorry about the whole thing. Watch the papers this time of year we always lose some teen drivers for stupid reasons that involve inexperience and driving. May/june when they get out of school and the celebrations begin. I sure hope that something good comes out of this,for everyone. Many young people with something like this in their past still grow to become productive adults and even leaders in the community. Live and LEARN and move forward. They are alive .Good luck to them.
Hard as it is I can learn to live with youngsters causing accidents due to inexperience. I had a couple of incidents myself as a new driver, many years ago. But this wreck was not the cause of inexperience. This was caused by some little creep speeding after taking drugs. I'm not sure about the local laws where this happened, but here in CA a 16 year old child can not legally drive around with a 14 year old in the car.

Many laws were broken here. I hope that lessons were learned and that their parents take their keys away for as long as it takes for them to learn.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stockholm 300c i cant bash you b/c there not the victim here. the victim is the family in the minivan that had to be taken away on a stretcher to the hospital. but their family dont smoke weed, both their mom and dad work at disney, struggling like everyone else to make it. there just stupid kids trying to show off.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
It takes a village to raise a child.

stockholm 300c i cant bash you b/c there not the victim here. the victim is the family in the minivan that had to be taken away on a stretcher to the hospital. but their family dont smoke weed, both their mom and dad work at disney, struggling like everyone else to make it. there just stupid kids trying to show off.
I hear you and am viewing this from your side now. I guess I needed to vent my frustrations.

It's just that in my line of work I see the result of this kind of behavior all day long. And I hear the type of comments that others made, such as, "It's my business," and "Smoke if you want."

Drugs mess up people. Some more than others. Whether it's legal or not, it is plain bad for all (cigarettes and alcohol [to some degree] included).

I do know that many parents are clueless about this. I'm glad that these kids' parents are not doper losers. That means that this will most likely be the end of the kids' behavior. If they dare to be real parents and not falling prey for the "parent-child-buddy" phenomena that I see abound.

I'm sorry for the victims whose lives were upset by these criminals and I also pity the parents. They have a difficult challenge ahead of them, securing the roads for the rest of the drivers out there while keeping their children's respect. I'm glad I'm not in their shoes.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I'm totally with Stockholm 300C on this. No sympathy from me whatsoever. It's the innocents who deserve the sympathy and these two need the book thrown at them as adult criminals.

Dope makes you dopey and only dopes to dope! Those two were definately DOPES.

Bernie

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm totally with Stockholm 300C on this. No sympathy from me whatsoever. It's the innocents who deserve the sympathy and these two need the book thrown at them as adult criminals.

Dope makes you dopey and only dopes to dope! Those two were definately DOPES.

Bernie
:fing02:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Trust me, dude, I know how you feel. I don't smoke weed or do drugs (I do get pretty drunk on weekends, though!) mostly becuase I have an older brother who's a heroin addict. I used to look up to him but his drug addiction caused him to rob every possesion from my younger sister, father and myself. It ain't a joke but hopefully these young kids are still young enough to learn. My brother already lost a fiance, 2 cars and home and his business. He's in so deep that it'll take years to recover...that is once he kicks the dope.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I am sorry to hear this, Adam Control. Be strong and stand by what you believe in. With effort and support he will kick this habit and you will again have the brotherhood you both deserve.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ah! Good ol' Osceola County, I see! There needs to be more restrictions on when "kids" can drive. Seriously...this kinda crap is pointless. And you know what? Nothing will happen to them. Nothing. Gotta love the Florida juvenile justice system.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What exactly do kids get out of celerating 4/20 ? is it Hitlers birthday ? or maybe the tragedy at Columbine ? ridiculously stupid day that is forever etched in history as a day to "celebrate"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts