Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to know what rev you all are on with your diablo. Ive been running the first version that came with mine with no issues now but i was wondering if any of the newer revs are better or worse and if so which one to stay away from or use??

thanks Jaybo

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i was on 17 bust just went to 20 the other day as i was encouraged to by Diablo and Frank Racing
i dont notice any difference. but i havent really driven it much or hard since.

actually, i have become a bit of a pansy lately.:thinking:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I dunno, is there a way to check?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm on ver 17, due to me parking my SRT for winter.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm running 19, but I have no experience with the earlier versions. I didn't go to 20, because the only change in that version is for 5.7 cars, involving programming issues. I can tell you that I'm real happy with version 19, though. Especially when it chirps/spins into 2nd gear. lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Which version are you going to go to? r20?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im thinking about going with r19 I dont want to be on the cutting edge of any programing...Im also reading that 20 is more for the 5.7 guys...I have a 06 SRT8 300 and dont need the 07 updates either however...but Im thinking 19 will be fine.Keep in mind Ive been running the first version that came with my Diablo when it came out...and I was one of the first batch of folks to get it.

All in all Ive been running fine but since spring is coming I want to start doing some things to the car so we will make sure everything is up to date.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If it wasn't confusing enough, they just came out with version 9r01 (replaces r20). As it was printed on the Diablo forum:
"This update was done for:
*fix for calibration update not working for early 05 build cars.
*fix for rear 02 config not turning off all CEL's, mainly p0138 and p0158
*fix for error when loading a custom tune before taking a backup

No tune changes where done vs r20."

So, add another choice into the mix. I'm changing to this new version tonight, because I do have the rear o2 codes popping up constantly, due to my Magnaflow cats.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I originally ran 16a then switched to r19, took it to the track and lost 1-2 10th's.. reloaded r16a and regained 1-2 10th's.:dunno:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is there any actual concensus on version?? Im thinking of going to r19..."
"06 300c" you are using the Diablo for your 5.7 right?...If so r19 might be different for me since I have a SRT8

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
be very careful,once you load 9r version you cannot go back to 8r versions

·
Registered
101 Posts
So is there any actual concensus on version?? Im thinking of going to r19..."
"06 300c" you are using the Diablo for your 5.7 right?...If so r19 might be different for me since I have a SRT8
Well, I ran r19 for a short while and liked it alot, but I have no previous experience with the previous programming versions. However, I can say with r19, my car was a definite animal, spining tires through second, or chirping the trire (when it did hook) into second, good kickdowns in drive, etc. All, I did different to the standard 91-octane, CAI tune, was change fan temps for the 180-stat, and up my WOT fuel trims 2% (richening it up because of the high flow cats and cat-back) for all three ranges.
When 9r01 came out I was leary, because my car ran so well. But, I was tired of the o2 codes popping up all the time, so since 9r20 had a fix, I went and tried it.
I installed the programming the same way I did with r19, 91-CAI, 2% fuel enrichment (so I thought), fan temps, etc. Well, no codes, but the car was lacking alot. It would still spin through first just appling the throttle, but not really too much through second gear anymore, and it lacked upstairs big time. I went back through the programming and realized that the fuel adjustment scales were reversed. I should have realized something when the "accept" choice was on the opposite side from the previous versions, when starting the tunning.
When I originally went to add a few percent to the fuel, I actually leaned it out, because the "rich" side was to the left, and "lean" was to the right, now. So, my car was pulling fuel, which in turn pulled timing and had knock retard. I could swear this was the opposite way on previous tunes, but I should have paid closer attention. I went back over everything and noticed this, changed it to add fuel and the car's an animal again. I'm happy with the newest version. I really don't notive any difference between r19 and 9r01 except that the codes aren't popping anymore, Thank God.
Too bad I didn't have it fixed when I ran a friend's very modded Trans Am. It would have been a much better race, and less embarasing. Oh well...

I dodn't think you'll be disapointed with either version since you have an SRT, but I believe some if the 5.7 guys are noticing some differences.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts