Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, since my problem Sat night (see TX forum) the car has to go to a body shop. What I was thinking was, while it was there I might as well use the time to get the mudguards painted and installed.

For those with them on the car, how much do they help reduce the 'spray up' from the tires, especially the rears which I see all the time leaving marks on the side of the rear bumper cover?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Northern Rider said:
I have them front and back. They make a big difference in my case (black car).
Thanks! Yeah, I bet they helped on black!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Some Help

I have painted (cool vanilla) front/rear mudflaps. They make some difference for me, since CV is already a chore to keep clean!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Black On Black

Do you need to paint the mudguards on a black car or does it look ok without paint?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
JPB68 said:
Do you need to paint the mudguards on a black car or does it look ok without paint?
In the end it is up to you. I painted my BB as the guards are a 'flat rubber black. imo, paint them.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Only on black can you get away with that, otherwise they look very stuck on , like an unpainted spoiler, though many 80s Euro cars did this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks

Thanks, I wasn't even considering mudguards until I read this. Now they seem a must. Any other easy to install tips or "musts" when I take delivery. Hopefully soon.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
JPB68 said:
Thanks, I wasn't even considering mudguards until I read this. Now they seem a must. Any other easy to install tips or "musts" when I take delivery. Hopefully soon.
JPB68, I hope you get your new ride soon. Just one other thing I can think of. Make sure the dealer delivers your new car with a full tank of gas (DC policy) . . . . then try to empty that tank as fast as you can! :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
JPB68, don't let them drill holes in your front bumper esp if your state does not require a front plate, don't let the stealership put thier silly logo on your rear deck unless they pay you a $1,000 ad fee.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Got em', recommend em', and paint em' - regardless of the color of your car! even BB!! Get em' painted. You just spent 32k+ K on your C, it's not time to be cheap and not spend $150 for a professional clear coat paint job to color match - you will thank yourself every time you look at them, and there is a perfect paint line in the guards for the paint.
Just be careful on the install if you do it yourself, it's easy, but I scuffed my new paint job when drilling the rears. And of course because I don't learn from my mistakes..I did the same thing on the other side!! LOL.

·
Registered
629 Posts
To those with painted mud guards...How is the paint holding up over time? How about winter/salt...Still looking good?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a silver 300C had the dealer put on the black flaps will paint them when it gets warmer here in NY. I painted my front plate holder silver already. It is holding up good in the winter. Check out my picture under my name do you like it?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
cirob said:
I have a silver 300C had the dealer put on the black flaps will paint them when it gets warmer here in NY. I painted my front plate holder silver already. It is holding up good in the winter. Check out my picture under my name do you like it?
Your front plate looks good in silver. Might even look better, if you move it down off the grille, IMO.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts