Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been contemplating what I'm going to have done next week for my exhaust.

Nothing for any track use, just something aestheticlly pleasing and help with my MPG. Getting the resonators "neutered".

Last couple months I've practially looked at everyones exhaust on here and on the net. I'm really getting tired of the same ol' 3.5-4", Round, straight cut dual exhaust tips. It just reminds me too much of the import car tuners with the big straight exhaust tips.

The only one's I've seen that I've somewhat liked are the 3.5" tips, slant cut and flush with the rear bumper, resonated tips.

Couple idea's I've been thinking of:

dual exhaust (one tip on either side like the v8s, left and right)
Chrome 3.5" "turn down" exhaust tips. Would look good with my v6 rear bumper without worrying about cut outs. Subtle look with only the 2-3" of the turn down tips showing under bumper.

OR (Idea I'm leaning more towards)

Dual 3" square tips ( both tips on one side, right side), slant cut flushed up under my bumper.

Input?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Honestly?

Why announce to the world that you have a V6? Not that its a bad thing that you're MPG concious, but the sound of a V6 with exhaust isn't very complimentary to a vehicle thats often sold with a V8. I see V6 Camaros and Mustangs around town with exhaust. If it makes the owner happy great, but most people just shake their head...

I'd leave it stock but thats just me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
rogue said:
Honestly?

Why announce to the world that you have a V6? Not that its a bad thing that you're MPG concious, but the sound of a V6 with exhaust isn't very complimentary to a vehicle thats often sold with a V8. I see V6 Camaros and Mustangs around town with exhaust. If it makes the owner happy great, but most people just shake their head...

I'd leave it stock but thats just me.
With that thought process I might as well have not done anything to my car then?

naw, I bought the car strictly for looks.

The tips would be purely for looks. Maybe even help the ol' MPG?

I've heard a few sound clips on v6 and they don't sound bad. ????

I have no misconception that I have a race car, which is why I'm trying to avoid that look. But I want it to have some sort of refined exhaust system than stock. That's all.

Next year, I'll show you what I prefer when I DO want a real "sports car".
2 seats, 6 gears and a big intercooler. "wooooosh" :biggrin:
Key word "Sports car".

But again, I'm only asking for input on exhaust "tips" not weather or not I should do an exhaust. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah but thats next year bro... :silly:

i'd just get a chrome 3" slash cut tip...just somethin subtle...to just finish out the rear end, nothin to draw more attention...cause if you put dual exhaust on there, and the sound is noticeable to others...you're gonna get people messin with you...

hell when i put the borla's on my C, i'd never had anyone try me until the day i drove out of the shop with the new exhaust...then i had trucks, ricers, everyone wantin to mess with me...kinda annoying...until they're in the rearview hehe :banana:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ari said:
Purely looks. Maybe even help the ol' MPG?

But again, I'm only asking for input on exhaust "tips" not weather or not I should do an exhaust. That has already been decided. Thanks.
Fair enough, don't expect any MPG gains because you'll be busy enjoying your new exhaust for one, on the other side of the coin, I haven't seen any concrete evidence of MPG gains from exhaust on the 5.7 so I don't think the V6 would be any different.

My avg mpg went from around 17mpg around town to 14mpg around town with exhaust on the 5.7

As far as looks go, I wouldn't recommend dual exhaust, lack of backpressure will actually cause you to lose horsepower on the V6 I would imagine, not to mention people trying to race you thinking you've got a 5.7.

Perhaps a square exhaust tip like those found on 70s Barracudas might look subtle but nice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rogue said:
Fair enough, don't expect any MPG gains because you'll be busy enjoying your new exhaust for one, on the other side of the coin, I haven't seen any concrete evidence of MPG gains from exhaust on the 5.7 so I don't think the V6 would be any different.

My avg mpg went from around 17mpg around town to 14mpg around town with exhaust on the 5.7

As far as looks go, I wouldn't recommend dual exhaust, lack of backpressure will actually cause you to lose horsepower on the V6 I would imagine, not to mention people trying to race you thinking you've got a 5.7.

Perhaps a square exhaust tip like those found on 70s Barracudas might look subtle but nice.
True, back pressure was also another concern. I also didn't want it "too" loud or noticeable.

That actually doesn't look bad. I'm going to look around to see different angles.

I want "different" but not so much that it's blaringly obvious.

Thanks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts