Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't ever catch a break with my 06 300C... I have a shudder problem from the TC/Tq converter but now something more scary came. I was showing off to my buddy earlier today. it was his first ride in a 300C, and I showed him what it had. I did two pulls both going to about 5k rpm maybe a little passed but not redlining it. Shortly afterwards I received one code of P0016. it says as follows: "Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position correlation Bank 1 Sensor A." I did some reading online saying that it could be something as simple as the cam/crank sensor, or something as complex as the timing slipping a tooth...(my luck with this car). I drove it about 40 miles home, it runs great and doesn't have any hiccups. I attempted to clear the code, but the P0016 comes immediately back on. while playing around, a new code popped up just an hour ago: P1521. Which indicated I guess: "Wrong oil type/Viscosity" which I've also been running this oil for around 2500 miles already so I doubt thats the case. I used mobile 1 synthetic 5W-20 with a quart of Lucas being I thought it was tapping but found all Hemi's do this.. any help on this would be appreciated! so far owning a 300C has been the worst yet comfortable two months of my life. Thank you! also, the car has 164,xxx miles on it. AWD.

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
Both of those codes are usually a sensor issue. You'll find a lot of info here on P1521 and the solution to the problem.

Here's some background that might help.

1. The code may go away after 3 to 5 key cycles. (Off/On-Run/Off, Off/On-Run/Off, Off/On-Run/Off) Each "On-Run" cycle includes 15 - 20 minutes of driving.
2. You can clear the codes by disconnecting your battery for a minimum of 30 minutes or pull the "PCM/AutoShutOff" fuse (#1 1 in the underhood power center) for just a minute or so.
3. Once you've done #1 or #2 above, drive the car. If the code pops up again then I'd replace the sensor(s).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have a small code checker with dashcmd on my phone that lets me clear the codes and it reads the timing. I don’t know anything about what normal timing should be but at idle it reads +8 to + 10.. I attempted to clear several times but the p0016 pops up almost immediately after every clear. The other code only recently came about when I took it for a test ride after I checked my compression for fun. I also had found small sandy like bits from what it seemed on the dip stick. They’re not big, about half the size of a grain of sand. Not every check but every once in a while. I changed the oil 2500 miles ago after finding that, and there has been very few times where I pull out what looks like that.. but that makes me think maybe the cog that the chain is on may be that material? I’m not sure it all kind of adds up in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts