Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just cut off suitcase muffler and both resonators and welded in two 24" thrush glass packs and tips. sounds great until it goes into economy then drones horribly. does anyone know if I were to get rid of the x pipe if that would take care of the 4 cylinder drone...... or can I get in with a tuner or programmer and turn off the economy/performace mode?????
please let me know!!!
thanks, Andy
07 300c

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have heard you have to get a programmer to turn off the eco mode. X pipe wouldn't do much anyways except make it more raspier. H pipes are more for low end sound

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Two or three ways to get rid of drone:

1. Get a programmer and turn off MDS/Eco mode. About $500

2. Don't shift up into full auto/OD. You'll lose some miles per gallon while cruising at highway speeds.

3. Put the resonators back on. This is the best option as they won't restrict your exhaust and they will eliminate most, if not all, the drone.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Corsa Exhaust also does a good job to eliminate/minimize the 4cyl drone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also just saw a YouTube video of a 300 with the mid taken off and replaced with a flow master 44 and straight pipe the rest of the way back and it sounded good

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Yeah but you didn't hear the drone after it started into MDS mode while cruising. It can be brutal!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is true, but I had pypes on my mustang and the drone was a bit on the annoying side, so I'll have to take that risk if I follow through

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Different car, different engine but drone can occur in Mustangs too. If you've experienced drone in a 300, in any of the HEMI powered cars, you'll be looking for a solution right quick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I'm not talking about the hemi...I have the 3.6 vs the 3.7 mustang. And yes I understand that they are different engines with different headers and the mustang also had true duals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts