Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got one on their saloon?

I've got the square section cross bars from a previous car.

Does anyone know the part no. foe the "feet" and how much they cost?

Ps Galaxy feet for sale :biglaugh:
thanks

Ian

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Wassup BigIan,the boot not big enough.lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:biglaugh: not for 3m lengths of gravel board - mind you I got 3.1m lengths of 1"x6" inside my Omega saloon - they touched the screen but I still managed to get the boot lid closed:wink:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I have a van for putting stuff like that in,you deffo need a roof rack,watch the paintwork as you hoik the gravelboards up,oooooooooh I can just see it now,scraaaatch,oh bollocks,lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
:biglaugh: not for 3m lengths of gravel board - mind you I got 3.1m lengths of 1"x6" inside my Omega saloon - they touched the screen but I still managed to get the boot lid closed:wink:
Very useful was the old Omega.

Free delivery with Wickes for orders over £45.....(or 11 treated gravel boards)....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ian

I've got the Touring, so I think the Thule kit (Fitting Kit 2178) that I have isn't suitable for your saloon. The front and rear clamps are different lengths, since the rear ones have to cover a slightly longer span above the rear doors.

Nevertheless I can add some comments on the Thule square bars. Like yours, the bars that I have were left over from a previous car, and are 50" long (to the ends of the plastic caps). I think Thule specify bars that are a couple of inches longer, but I can confirm that the 50" bars are the perfect length. There is no overhang, and the result is that the bars almost look 'factory'. The feet are a good design, in that the rubber pads are shaped to slot into the groove in the car's roof, and are quite secure. The clamps pull on the roof above the doors, and although they are covered in a rubberised paint, I took the precaution of lining the clamps with a layer of rubber sheet, just to add extra protection.

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old post but I figure I post these unicorn pics. A 2014 US-spec 300c Saloon with a Thule 53" aero bars and a Fit Kit on a 480R Foot Pack with a Thule Motion XT Large roof box.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts