Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a ticking noise at acceleration after I installed the CAI intake. Does anyone know what this is? It comes at hard accel. and goes away after.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
*bump* to the top

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
You can hear over the roar of the CAI? The ticking must be really loud.

Make sure that the IAT sensor is properly rotated in its grommet to assure that it is properly sensing the air flow, and thusly not sending poor info to the ECM. The red locking latch on the electrical connector goes toward the front of the car thusly:

·
Registered
469 Posts
i think I have the same thing..

it's not so much a ticking you can hear, right? its more of ticking you can "feel" in the steering wheel at times.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
sounds like "pinking" to me,running too lean,thats gonna hurt big time eventually,I think you need to use a higher octane fuel

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think I have the same thing..

it's not so much a ticking you can hear, right? its more of ticking you can "feel" in the steering wheel at times.

no not the same I can hear it not feel.. I remember others here on the forum had the same issue after installing CAI on there cars.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like "pinking" to me,running too lean,thats gonna hurt big time eventually,I think you need to use a higher octane fuel
Could be but i'm runing Shell 93 OCT. more then that I have to put jet fuel:biggrin: Do you think if I install a Diablo it might help.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
It may be running lean because the IAT was damaged during transfer from the stock intake to the CAI.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It may be running lean because the IAT was damaged during transfer from the stock intake to the CAI.

May be I'm gonna change the sensor. but today I heard the noise its not really a knocking or pinging souns like somethind is hitting somewhare.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm interested to see what you find out, because this is worrysome to some of us that are about to add CAI...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope that some of the guyd would chime in here, b/c I know it has been discuss on here before...just can't find the thread

1 - 15 of 15 Posts