Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Yes I have the same issue. Its not from the speaker, its from the part of the dash that hangs over the speedometer. You'll notice it more in colder temperatures as the plastic will change shape. Once the car warms up, it should go away. If you lightly push down on the overhang of the dash over the speedometer it is easy reproducable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you know thats what it is.
Is there a fix or something I can do myself to stop it?
Very annoying if you know what I mean.

jcsganga34 said:
Yes I have the same issue. Its not from the speaker, its from the part of the dash that hangs over the speedometer. You'll notice it more in colder temperatures as the plastic will change shape. Once the car warms up, it should go away. If you lightly push down on the overhang of the dash over the speedometer it is easy reproducable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I had ticking/clicking from behind the glovebox. Slighly loosening or tightening the glovebox latch bar helped. But the actual source was a formed bar behind the box that the glovebox latch screws into (you gotta remove the glovebox to get a good look at it). I could bias that bar one way and another to reproduce the sound. There are a couple of weld points on that bar which may be the source - but never was sure.

There's room to grab that bar from under the latch without removing the glovebox. While the sound occurs, unlatch the box, and grab and bias that bar every which-a-way to see if that's your source as well.

I greatly reduced its reccurence by placing a thin rubber washer between the dash and the bar where the glovebox latch screws in.

But now, I've started getting a similar sound from below the dash on the driver's side. So pretty soon I'll be looking for a similar bar or brace on that side as well.

Before tracking that one, I'd also found a loose cable from the NAV would occasionally knock against the inside of the dash (shove it into a convenient hole). I also get creaking from the instrument cluster which I deal with by yanking on various parts of the dash - but it usually goes away as the car warms.

Gotta say, all these ticks and rattles are my greatest disappointment with the car.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,583 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Well while i drive my car I hear a ticking sound coming from the front left part of my dashboard. (It sounds like its coming from the speaker)
I hear it when i go over light bumps, and also when i make turns. Sometimes it ticks a couple times and sometimes oonce in a while.
Anyone have this problem or know what it is?
I have no idea what the problem is, but I notice you have 3 threads with 3 different problems in 2 different forums. I think you would get a better response if you listed all 3 in the same thread. Probably more people would see it and be able to help you better on one or more problerms. Just a suggestion NS6. :)

Rambit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
I don't know if its the same ticking you are hearing, I tracked mine down to that location, and it happened to be in the same area you were describing. Unfortunately, plastic will slightly expand and contract depending on the temperature, does the car tick or rattle less when cabin temperature is cold, my guess would probably be yes? I was just giving a suggestion on where to check. When you get into your car, lightly press down on the dash overhang on the left side of the speedometer, you will *probably* be able to reproduce the sound you were hearing. Try this while the car is not even started, that will eliminate an electrical/speaker problem if you are able to reproduce it.

Chipster, believe it or not, my car rattles less now than when I first got it, probably has something to do with the plastic settling. Anyway, all of my rattles/ticks except for the one I mentioned above are pretty much gone. The one above has also gotten better, so go figure. I still attribute it to the plastic the dash is made of. Just my experience.

-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Well while i drive my car I hear a ticking sound coming from the front left part of my dashboard. (It sounds like its coming from the speaker)
I hear it when i go over light bumps, and also when i make turns. Sometimes it ticks a couple times and sometimes oonce in a while.
Anyone have this problem or know what it is?
I had this same problem with my 1st 300C. The dealer could never zero in on the problem. Since the ticking is intermittent, it's hard to duplicate. Because I had so many problems with my '05 300, I was able to get Chrysler to replace my car with an '06. The new one has not had this problem. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Gary Freedman said:
I had this same problem with my 1st 300C. The dealer could never zero in on the problem. Since the ticking is intermittent, it's hard to duplicate. Because I had so many problems with my '05 300, I was able to get Chrysler to replace my car with an '06. The new one has not had this problem. Good luck.
Congratulations, Gary. As one of the relatively few who have actually had a car replaced for them by Chrysler, there may be people on the forum who could benefit from your successful experience.

Let us know if you'd be willing to receive PMs along that line. :)

And no, I think I got the best 300C ever made, so I'm not fishing for me. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Meister, you wouldnt wanna put your foot in your mouth on that remark. :friday:
Hey, Nautca!

Notice I didn't say the prettiest (yours is clearly a serious contender there :wave: ), simply the best, as in the most trouble-free and great running.

If you reach 19,000 miles without so much as a single squeak, rattle, or glitch of any kind to report - in other words, Zero Defects - then ring me up and we'll discuss it further for bragging rights. :)

In the meantime I'll continue to consider that I've got the best C ever made. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Meister said:
Congratulations, Gary. As one of the relatively few who have actually had a car replaced for them by Chrysler, there may be people on the forum who could benefit from your successful experience.

Let us know if you'd be willing to receive PMs along that line. :)

And no, I think I got the best 300C ever made, so I'm not fishing for me. ;)
No problem on the PM's. Anytime.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top