Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 300 Touring Signature Series with 67k miles. I know, I know, but I'm a Realtor so driving is part of the job. Anyhow, just this morning I heard a ticking sound coming from the engine. This has never happened before and I do not know what it is. Has anyone had this problem please advise. I plan on taking the car into the Dealership in the morning.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did the dealer find out what the ticking was? I have a new car (2 weeks old) and it is ticking badly, especially when accelerating.

I took mine back to the dealer and they told me it was 'normal'. I don't think so!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I have a 2006 300 Touring Signature Series with 67k miles. I know, I know, but I'm a Realtor so driving is part of the job. Anyhow, just this morning I heard a ticking sound coming from the engine. This has never happened before and I do not know what it is. Has anyone had this problem please advise. I plan on taking the car into the Dealership in the morning.

If it's a 2.7 Liter then I am very sorry for you.... Ticking in a 2.7 means it's about to die... Been there done that, my 2.7 was dead at 50K (not in a 300, but same motor in a Stratus).

Ticking in a 5.7Liter is the fuel injectors pulsing, they all make a ticking sound, in fact every F/I V8 I've owned has made a ticking sound that could easily be confused for valve train ticking.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
It's a UK V6 3 litre diesel, and only two weeks old!
I have no experiance with the Diesel cars since we don't get them here.. But how the heck would you hear a "tick" over the "Knock"? :) Actually the tick is probably the injector pump and I'm sure it's normal. But if you are concerned, take it to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts