Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2481 - 2500 of 2552 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'll wait and see how John goes with the diablosport tuner and pcm when he gets back
Hey Steve I'm back flew in Yesterday, I went and looked into these decided I will wait till car runs out of warranty cause I still take myn to dealer for service. Grrrrr.
Cant be bothered swapping out pcm every time..
Bloody tried to buy couple of other things from a dealer, they are soooo dumb they wanted Vin number , but I said mate exactly the same as what's sitting on the lot out there was all to hard.
Walked out empty handed..
But I did order two Hellcat air filters from Jegs , Noooo stock so they will ship home..
Lot of Dodge Chargers and Challengers on the road over there.
Top of the range Hellcat Charger or Challenger $ 63800.00 Drive away.
I want one..
Ill txt you some pics Steve later today..

·
Registered
247 Posts
NeilsonDA, if it's a groaning noise coming from the rear axle area with tight turns at low speed you might only need a diff oil change with the right amount of friction modifier added. I read elsewhere that the additive has a tendency to burn away over time and hence the noise increases as the fluid gets older.
I did it with mine twelve months ago now, though I didn't change the fluid I just added 5-10ml of additive, test drove, added more etc, until the noise went away. It seemed to work until the diff presented with other unrelated issues.

I checked my reportedly dirty diff fluid for myself this afternoon and it is indeed somewhat black. I want to change it but I want to avoid paying for the Mopar stuff. I'm guessing Penrite's 75w85 would be frowned upon by FCA since it has a premixed friction additive?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi John,

obviously saw some great muscle cars on your trip to the Stats. So you weren't tempted to bring a Hellcat Challenger back with you. Great choice getting the Hellcat air filters for your car. Ill have to order a spare one for my car.

Nelson DA dose sound like you might need to change the Diff oil. Hope that solves the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey dream2own and vorhee, thanks for the tips.. I guess it wouldn't hurt to check but this noise is coming from the steering column area. Sounds like it may have something to do with the power steering or something. I could be completely stopped and turn the wheel and the noise would Still be there. Sorry I Never included that in my description in my original Post.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Finally order the Blackview DR 900S -2ch 4K car dashcam. Was not cheap. But over a hundred dollars cheaper on e bay then buying here. Also brought a Blackview B 112 Battery pack which plugs into the cigarette lighter of the car.

Means I do not have to wire the camera into the cars fuse box. Can plug the camera into the battery pack when the car is stationery and it will power the camera and keep recording when the egnition is off. The power will be used from the battery pack.

Should get it in a week or so. Looking forward to installing it and testing out the video quality. Should pick up car number plates in the distance really clearly. This was one of the reasons for buying it. This time I will make an effort to hide all the cabling. I brought the two channel version which comes with the rear camera as well which not 4 k.

·
Registered
846 Posts
No worries Steve. I will let you know what I think of the Plackspew and what new features it has. From the research I have done it looks pretty good. Especially the sharp video footage from the front camera. Looks really clear and reads car number plates esaly from a distance.

I will put it to the test when I get it and see for my self. It also has cloud aces to store files in the cloud and access via mobile phone app. Which the current ones probably have as well.

Looks like a good camera. Be good to get read of the brick which sits on my dash currently.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
The whole wireless thing with dashcams is a crock. Who on earth is going to upload huge files like that to the cloud? Nice gimmick tho I guess, perhaps useable for the occasional upload.

Nothing like uploading dashcam files from your nice new 400gb microSD. Shouldn't take longer than...umm... 5 mins? :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
The whole wireless thing with dashcams is a crock. Who on earth is going to upload huge files like that to the cloud? Nice gimmick tho I guess, perhaps useable for the occasional upload.
I agree Steve. I would always use the memory stick for files. Plus the securaty essues with the cloud. Ill get a 128 mb card for the camera plenty off space.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey Dave, I ordered two of the air filters as soon as I got over there, should've been delivered by the time I got home?? but No, telling me no stock maybe next month. Grrrr .

And my new diff is Orsm, nice and quite :))

Hello Steve.. Daryl..

·
Registered
875 Posts
Bloody hell , good pic up Steve..
Might have to start proof reading before I push send haha!!!
My diff is very QUIET now..
But No bloody filters....

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,494
Well tha'ts Orsm that its Orsm John, glad to hear it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey Dave, I ordered two of the air filters as soon as I got over there, should've been delivered by the time I got home?? but No, telling me no stock maybe next month. Grrrr .

And my new diff is Orsm, nice and quite :))

Hello Steve.. Daryl..
Good to hear John. That the Diff Is finally fixed. Got my second pair of hellcat filters the other day. Got mine of e-bay from Steve White Motors. They always seem to have them. Get them very quickly.

·
Registered
875 Posts
That's good Dave Steve White seem to have a good deal on parts. Im still waiting for mine from Jegs..
looking forward to seeing how your camera set up goes.. :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Finally some video footage of the Blackview DR 900s-2 CH. Very pleased with the clarity. Can now record even when car is parked making use of Blackview battery to power cat when it is parked.

Managed to hide all the cables so installation went well. Better dash cam then the last one. As expensive as it is it is a great dash cam i definitely recommends it.

See video clip below.

2481 - 2500 of 2552 Posts