Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2521 - 2540 of 2552 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not again. The must of removed it from e bay. Ill surch the web and find their website. The link was for e bay. Also try the second link.

Hopefully they have not stoped selling them on e bay. See if i can get to the bottom of this John.

Cheers Dave

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
I haven't received a recall officially but there is one on the government recall website. Just check the VIN listing attached to it.
I'll wait till service time to get mine fixed.

I also want to get my central locking checked out. Both my key fobs won't respond when I press the buttons to lock/unlock the car. They finally respond after 15 seconds/several presses or so but it's getting annoying. I've had proximity entry turned off for the longest time because I was paranoid and never trusted the car was locked. It's BOTH key fobs doing it so I can't have the batteries in them dying simultaneously can I?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hi Stranger,

Dream2own , I had to replace batteries in myn only last week. doors wouldn't open , no remote start..
Changed batteries , good as gold..

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks Dave...

Hey mate I just got an FCA recall for Cruise control, You??
Hi John,

Got the notice for the cruse control this week. Funny thing is when I called the Chrysler dealership to book the car in , they told me that I had an outstanding recall issue.

I was surprised, I asked them what it was, they told me it was my air bags so they are being done at the same time as the cruse control problem. Funny thing was when I went on the airbag recall web sit a couple of months ago and checked my Vin. There was no record of my car nor did I get a recall letter.

So that came as a surprise.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Have you left the Android system in the car Dave when you've taken it in?
Hi Steve,

I have the car booked in for the 13 of August. I don't plan on taking the android system out. The cruse control issue is that if there is a minor short it apparently can start to accelerate. So they have to update the software as far as I understand it.

Ill have to probably remove the microphone for android if they need to replace the airbags. I thought that was strange that my car had that listed as a recall.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I could have sworn the airbags were fine in our SRT's. I even double checked on the Mopar website.

I did the same thing. Checked on their web site month ago. But when I booked the car in to get the cruse control recall done. They checked the vin in their system and told me there was an outstanding recall which was for my air bag. Certainly is strange. Ill have to aske some more questions when I take that cat in om 19 August.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Just checked the Chrysler website again with my VIN. Guess what it is now showing up as needed to be recalled in relation to the air bags. I had my cat serviced a couple of weeks ago. The Chrysler dealership did not mention this at the time I got it serviced. They must of had something in their computer system advising them if this not good.

I'm having the air bags and cruse control done at another Chrysler Dealership Mccarrolls . Pretty bad they did not tell me of the air bag situation particularly when the fault air bags can kill you.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I do not see any airbag recalls for Chrysler 300's '16 model year on the ACCC product recall page. Is your car a '15 John?

·
Registered
846 Posts
That's why they are recalling 2015 model Cars. Looks like later models are not on the list. I looked at the FCCA website https://www.chrysler.com.au/takata-airbag-recall.html.

Put my Vin in on that website. Steve looks like yours and Johns should be OK. As they are after 2015 model SRT. Unless they are added to the list later on. My car year has only just been added to the website recently within the last few days from what I can see.

·
Registered
247 Posts
^ That'll do LOL

Now I'm trying to sort out the logistical challenge of getting my SRT to a dealership I haven't boycotted yet. I'm assuming driving it 2.5 hours down the Pacific Hwy is a bit risky?

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,539
Well what is giving you the belief that the water pump is almost dead?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well what is giving you the belief that the water pump is almost dead?
I only have the following evidence for you to decide:

Apparent coolant stains but I'm not sure, could be just corrosion flinging off from dry bearings. Apart from this the coolant doesn't appear to be leaking, well, the fluid level in the reservoir isn't getting lower anyway.

And these lovely videos of the sound and the loose pulley:

2521 - 2540 of 2552 Posts