Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2541 - 2552 of 2552 Posts

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,541
That really is hard to tell, have you tried using a screw driver as a stethoscope to try and pin point where the noise is coming from?
If your water pump was having a leaking problem there would be way more evidence than what there is there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Listen in particular at the 1:20 mark in the video.
Yes I did the stethoscope thing. With that it sounded like it could be the tensioner pulley instead I suppose but the water pump sounded like it was it for the first few minutes or so after a cold start.

If it's the water pump I can't afford to get flapped about again by people who forgot their hearing aides or by people who are unwilling to diagnose it properly. If it's the water pump it's not advisable to drive the thing 2.5 hours down there one way let alone get fobbed off and be expected to drive the return trip home. It could spring a coolant leak tomorrow or in several weeks time, who knows.

The water pump also appears to be the most common explanation. AFAIK some of the Jeep SRT's have theirs fail like clockwork. It's not a matter of if they fail but when.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dear Moparlife, we all came into this world screaming and crying why not go out the same way.
When death comes for me I'm going to kick his balls and say bring it on bitch.

·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,547
I'm 100% confuzzled

What the??? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry mate , I was reading some old threads and replied. I can take apart a car and put it back together but I haven't worked out this forum yet.
Be patient my friend , I'll screw up a few more times befor I get it.

·
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,549
Aha well as you were then I says to myself

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well I'm back, water pump replaced about 2 weeks ago now. I also took my car on a trip out west and it went fine. A few new rattles. You'd end up airborne if you went over some of those causeways too quick I reckon lol.

Now I'm waiting to get my A/C blower motor replaced as well, the dealer has the part in but I'm trying to put it off until I don't have to take a day off work to get down there.
It's not a bad dealership tbh, though their courtesy shuttle driver needs a kick up the bum. First time I was there I gave up and walked back there from Charlestown Square, and the second and last time I was there I waited an hour for them to show up. And the place they tell you to wait has no seats.
They used a mildly inferior oil for my service (Castrol Edge), but it's still better than my first 12,000km service at Miedeckes! There's only 4 months of warranty left on my car so I'm not too bothered.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Been off the forum for a while. Still around though. Just come back from Japan what a place. Especially the bullet train 200 MPH. Haven't done that in my car yet Ha ha.

No problems with my car so far fingers crossed. Might get the oil changed in the diff soon. Car been good. Had the air bags changed as per recall.

I asked the morons at the dealership what air bags did they put in. They told me they could not remember. I wanted to know weather I would have to change them again in future.

Apparently they can put newer Takata air bags , but must tell you and need to replace them after 6 years again.

Any way ended up ringing FCA to find out what they had put in the car . Found out that my air bags will not need replacing again. Bloody moron dealerships will not be going back there again.

2541 - 2552 of 2552 Posts