Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So I want to buy some new wheels in the next few weeks (hopefully sooner).

At the moment I really like the 1) Ace Executives and the Vossen VVS083. Here are some shots if you are not familiar with the models;

1)

2)

I"m waiting on some quotes at the moment so we will see how that goes.

I also like the viper and 300 srt8 replica's but I'm worried about the quality. Is there a recommended brand?

Also looking for some input on tire sizes, I really don't like these continentals but there are allot of pot holes in Montreal...

I guess I'm looking for a mix of performance and ride quality due to the roads.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Factory Reproductions makes high quality wheels and have what you may want in a 20" SRT replica.

With 20's you can go 245/45 or 255/50 all the way around or a stagger with 245/45 on the front and 275/40 on the rear. You can go wider on the rear but 295 would be about the widest without a bit of fender rolling.

the 245 & 255 options will give you the most sidewall to give you that mix of low aspect performance with "adequate" ride quality.

Are you lowered at this point?

My SRT with 245/45 front, 275/40 rear with KW V1 coilovers installed:

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Factory Reproductions Vipers are good quality -not as good as some forged wheels for sure but for the price you can't go wrong. I've never had issues with potholes in Ontario but understand that Montreal is considered to be the pot hole capitol of the country ;)
I've got Competition grey Vipers on my 300.

They would probably clash with your car colour though. Maybe the machined with black pockets would look better.
You could go Chrome, I have those on my Magnum;

Both have same size tires as Maddog and honestly, on the 300 at least, the 275 is about as wide as I would personally recommend. It is almost flush with the lip...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am pretty amazed at how small the 20's look on the 300. They look almost <18, really. But I guess that's what I wlll be getting when I do upgrade because I want to keep the nice soft ride as well as go with a wider tire than the suspension will allow on a 22".

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Quote for the vossens and ace executives came in too high so I've asked to check out factory reproductions.

I really like both the srt8 and dodge viper replicas. Has anyone gotten the black machined on either? I think they would look great on the inferno red :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Those a really nice dude!

Hi guys,

So I want to buy some new wheels in the next few weeks (hopefully sooner).

At the moment I really like the 1) Ace Executives and the Vossen VVS083. Here are some shots if you are not familiar with the models;

1)

2)

I"m waiting on some quotes at the moment so we will see how that goes.

I also like the viper and 300 srt8 replica's but I'm worried about the quality. Is there a recommended brand?

Also looking for some input on tire sizes, I really don't like these continentals but there are allot of pot holes in Montreal...

I guess I'm looking for a mix of performance and ride quality due to the roads.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow Sodak, your ride is awesome love the pics.

Gives me a really good idea even though you have 22". Also I think even if I go with the SRT8 rims I'd get the black machined seeing how it turns out. I was a bit worried about the chrome on the car clashing but it doesn't seem too :eek: (stock chrome only I didn't add anything).

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wheels and tires purchased, waiting on shipping :)

Reactions: Ed G

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:)

20" Dodge Viper replicas with Pirelli P0 245/45/20

Initially I ordered black machined but I just changed my order for chrome.

Can't wait for the order to get here!!!

Reactions: Ed G

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how they look!!!

Reactions: Red_C

·
Registered
732 Posts
You know I love me the chrome buddy! Good call... ;) :arms:

:)

20" Dodge Viper replicas with Pirelli P0 245/45/20

Initially I ordered black machined but I just changed my order for chrome.

Can't wait for the order to get here!!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Awesome, looking forward to seeing them as I think I am going with the same ones in Chrome. Did you order staggered?

I am undecided on 20 or 22, so seeing your 20s just may make my decision!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, I can't wait to get them installed and post some pictures!

Also in preparation for the new wheels I took the door moldings off to reduce the amount of chrome and make it look cleaner. I posted some pictures in this thread in the general discussion section; http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/101274-what-did-you-do-your-300-today-407.html

Awesome, looking forward to seeing them as I think I am going with the same ones in Chrome. Did you order staggered?

I am undecided on 20 or 22, so seeing your 20s just may make my decision!
No, I didn't get them staggered I kind of chickened out lol...I'm glad to hear that my posts will help you out :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah Red, i have the same color you have but the heritage edition, so i ended up with all the chrome in the world, but whenever i save the money to do em, I'm planning on doing the gloss black viper reps 22 tho. Those vossens looked amazing too! but those are out of my range, cant wait to see the chrome on it because I debated on going with chrome, so seeing them on the same color may swing me one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmmm I'm a few days away from getting the wheels and I just thought about something I didn't consider. Can I transfer the TPM's from my current wheels to these?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I don't really know how those sensors work...

Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts