Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received an update from Superchips yesterday. They are still planning on releasing the 300C/Magnum/Charger Flashpaq tuners on February 15th. This tuner (part number 3825) will cover the 5.7 and 6.1 models (sorry, no V6 tuning at this time). Programming can also be done for 87 and 91 octane, the speed limiter can be adjusted by the user, the programmer won't completely turn off the ESP and they are working on being able to make changes in the transmission. You will be able to calibrate your speedometer if you've gone with a different tire size and torque management will be greatly reduced. No horsepower numbers have been released yet but we are expecting at least a 15-20hp increase along with much better driveability. Tuning from the factory tends to be very conservative so this programming will help bring your car to life! The whole process will only take about 10 minutes to complete. Detailed instructions will be included. Tech support will also be available through TBYRNE Motorsports. We'll be tuning our SRT-8 as soon as the first shipment arrives.

We are now taking orders for the new Flashpaq. Pricing is lower than Superchips will allow us to put in writing (very strict guidelines) so you will need to give us a call at 1-877-482-9763 to receive our introductory price. Tuners will be shipped on a first come first served basis. We already have ALOT of these pre-ordered from Superchips so there shouldn't be any problem filling orders quickly. You won't be charged until your tuner is ready to ship.

So... the time has finally come! Let the ordering begin!

Tom

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some of this info has probably already been covered but here are the answers to questions that I keep seeing -

Part # 3825 will cover the 5.7 and 6.1 motors

There are no solid horsepower and torque figures yet. Superchips will do all of their testing to make sure the tuning and driveability is correct. Then, in the end they will strap the car to a dyno and check out the numbers. I've been telling customers to expect 15-20 but I was just told that could go up to about 25. It's always safer to plan low and see high :)

Torque management is greatly decreased. No firm % yet.

ESP is greatly decreased. No firm %

Rev limiter can be increased

Now, for long tube headers. This question has recently come up. Superchips said there is no problem using this tuner with shorty headers but it's best to watch things if you are running long tubes. That style of headers does a very good job of scavenging the cylinders so this can lean out the motor. This combined with the tuning might made it to lean. If your running long tubes it will be best to install the tuning, take a run or two and then pull a plug to see how it looks. My car is a 300C SRT-8. I'm running Kooks long tubes so I'll be doing this when I install the tune into my car.

Tom

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not last call for the introductory pricing yet (that will be good through the end of February) but we are about a week away from the release of the Superchips Flashpaqs. They are still planning a release date of February 15th. Orders can be placed online or by calling 1-877-482-9763. We're not charging anyone until these are ready to go and we'll hold the orders for 6.1 programmers until they are those all set. This way those guys can take advantage of this offer.

Pricing is lower than Superchips will allow us to put in writing so you'll need to give us a call to receive a quote. I can tell you that this is the lowest price that I've heard of :)

Have a good day!
Tom

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some of you might have read the other threads that I've posted. The Flashpaq released date has been pushed out a little. They expect to get them out by the end of February. Most new products aren't released when they are supposed to so part of me expected this to happy. It's not Superchips fault. They just need to make sure everything is perfect before shipping the product. As promised, we won't change anyone until the tuners are ready to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts