Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Which Hood do you like?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having a hard time deciding on which aftermarket hood I want for my 2014 300C. The first is a Trufiber Chrysler 300C A58 Ram Air Hood (Challenger Style) & the second is a Chrysler 300C Heat Extraction Hood. My personal favorite is #2, but I want you guys input!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Links don't seem to work, for me anyway!....

Reactions: ***Q2***

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Both are damn nice but I need to see a different angle of the red one.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I'd say No. 2 also, buy before I went ahead I'd want to see better pictures of it on the car. Normal angels with better lighting and less glare. I can't get a good read on all of the creases and lines from their pictures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The second is the one I have! It's from <removed> directly but I have the absolute last one! It was carbon fiber and painted black. No more are being made and any you see for sale are not available. Sorry!
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
#1 all day for me

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The second is the one I have! It's from <removed> directly but I have the absolute last one! It was carbon fiber and painted black. No more are being made and any you see for sale are not available. Sorry!
[/URL][/IMG]

BMC Extreme Customs has the hoods, that's where I intend on buying mines from.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
274 Posts
number 1

·
Registered
11 Posts
BMC Extreme Customs is advertising what is not available as I checked directly from the actual maker of the hood <removed>. He created the hood and owned the actual molds which he has now thrown away since the hood did not sell well. The red hood in the photo is Steve Burkett's Chrysler 300. I asked Chad about BMC Extreme Customs and they were resellers but never asked <removed> about the stock which is now not available. He sold me one from his warehouse carbon fiber which literally was the last one. He then removed the hood from his website.

·
Registered
198 Posts
same thing with the <removed> chally hood with mad eyes, no longer being made... =/

edit: jk lol they still do for 05-10 mad eyes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Damn, that number 2 hood is sweet.... I could have gone for that one myself... Too bad it's not available. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BMC Extreme Customs is advertising what is not available as I checked directly from the actual maker of the hood <removed>. He created the hood and owned the actual molds which he has now thrown away since the hood did not sell well. The red hood in the photo is Steve Burkett's Chrysler 300. I asked Chad about BMC Extreme Customs and they were resellers but never asked <removed> about the stock which is now not available. He sold me one from his warehouse carbon fiber which literally was the last one. He then removed the hood from his website.

I called BMC and they said they had the hood... Oh, well! If that's not a go I guess I'll just make a phone call to <removed> and have him make me the "last LAST one" of that hood. Lol! Price doesn't really matter if you want something, right?!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
If BMC actually does have one I would be surprised and grab it quick!! Make them send you a pic. Let me know how it goes. I had to "force" <removed> to sell me the one in the warehouse because it wasn't for sale due to it sitting on shelf 6months and couldn't guarantee fitment. It took me 3 days of bothering him and finally he let it go. He told me he doesn't have the mold anymore and doesn't plan on making them anymore because I was asking him for a fiberglass one (hence having the buy the carbon fiber - He did knock $400 off though!) He said he would let me know if he decides to make more in the future but he would have to start over.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Q! I'd say #2, if it's available.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts