Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
No big deal here. No, I am not well off by any stretch of the imagination, but I would have never bought a C if mpg's and fuel costs were that big an issue. I would have chosen more 'wisely' if my budget were that tight on a car.

Yeah, it sucks. No I don't like spending more on things than I feel necessary, but this is a fact of life to get used to for all hemi owners.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I would gladly pay $5 a gallon as long as I get pleasure out of what I'm driving. Europeans and Asians have been doing it for years. I consider us Lucky we don't get reamed like they do.

I'm one of the few people that, when we run out of fuel on earth, will be spending as much money as possible to build as large a fuel tank as I can under my back yard. So while everyone is out driving their fuel cell econoboxes, I can occasionally bring out the cars and scare the piss out of everyone with my enviroment killing, politically incorrect, obnoxiously fast GASOLINE automobiles.

I always liked Mad Max..... :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yes, Just be thankful you're not running your 300 in Europe

see:
http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/eupetrolprices/

Look in the Euro cent per litre unleaded column; US prices are in there , - ignore the fact that its in Euro's and priced per litre: just compare the figures. :)

Another reason why the average European car has a smaller gas, or a diesel engine.

Zilla

·
Registered
208 Posts
As noted, fuel consumption was not a factor for me in any vehicle purchase I have ever made.

Now I would like a bigger gas tank, something like Max's dual chrome tanks sticking out of the trunk, huh Rogue?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Jeez u guys are speaking about gas costs, just to join in to tell you boys, my gas expediture is between 400-600 (for this month). $40 dollar for fillup and i do it every 2.5 days in a average. Man i think thats outrageous, who do we complain to about this. :p :p
2743mi on the car (first month of driving).

OUTRAGEOUS GAS PRICES.

After today i am glad atleast i have my car, I almost crashed it completly today, read about it in general discussion.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Not much we can do about the prices, fact of life. But I, too, would love a larger gas tank for less visits to the pump (for Hubeee :p)

·
Registered
208 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Not much we can do about the prices, fact of life. But I, too, would love a larger gas tank for less visits to the pump (for Hubeee :p)
Ha, that's funny.

My wife's friends think she is spoiled because I always, I mean ALWAYS fill up her car.

It's one of my jobs, you know?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I found a "full service" station the other day, drove in and the attendant came up and said, "fill it up sir," I said no just give me $50.00 worth. :p

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
CITADELGRAD87 said:
Ha, that's funny.

My wife's friends think she is spoiled because I always, I mean ALWAYS fill up her car.

It's one of my jobs, you know?
Yes, I DO know! My Hubeee ALWAYS does this for me too, but my friends don't think I'm spoiled, they think I'm very lucky... so do I!! :D

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
MrHappy said:
It's now official, my wife will NOT be looking at this board ever! :)
Does that mean she's not really Mrs. Happy?? :p
(actually it's one of the few times Hubeee gets to drive my C... he's usually gone for a little while ;))

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
tame da' ponies????? what's the fun in that??
horses are made to roam & run free in the wild...
So shall my horses...all 340 of em', if I have to pay more for the hay-n-grass then that's what I'll have to do.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Does that mean she's not really Mrs. Happy?? :p
Oh, I make sure to keep her Happy, but there's no reason to go and put ideas in her head about me gassing up her car. ;) Of course, since the C is mine, her car would be a "discount fillup" compared to the big fella.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sheeeesh people!!

I was just giving some heads up here.

I still drive my car...I still put gas in it....I still drive fast...damn the environment and all that...I'm an American and guzzlin' gas is a God-given right, yada, yada, yada.

There.....everyone feel better?

*slinks away shakin head*

JFF:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts