Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making an appointment in a few days to get my windows tinted. All four, rear and probably a 4 inch lip on the front windshield. Now in my state (Michigan) you can do any % on the front windshield 4 inches down, also any % on back windows and rear. Now on the front driver and passenger I believe it's 35%, not sure though. I'm going with the SolarGard Galaxy series tint. .

My question(s) are do cops really hassle you that much over the fronts being a shade darker?

Also I own a tungsten grey and was wondering if anyone had a picture floating around of tint on that color. I've found one on Google images but it's bad quality.

One last thing, does anyone have any feedback on the solargard tint? I was trying for huper optik but there wasn't any vendors/installers in my area.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
^^^from what I've read, driver/passenger windows can't be tinted in MI. I'm in the same boat (live in MI) and will go light enough on the fronts to not draw attention. I think if you can be "seen" through the tint, you are fine.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you appreciate your am/fm radio be very careful of rear window tint. I just spent $40 to have the film on the rear window removed as my radio reception was fer schemmel. I understand that some types of tint are death on am/fm and others not so much.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you appreciate your am/fm radio be very careful of rear window tint. I just spent $40 to have the film on the rear window removed as my radio reception was fer schemmel. I understand that some types of tint are death on am/fm and others not so much.
The galaxies series tint is dyed not metallic fortunately. That would have been a deal breaker if it messed up GPS, keyless entry and radio etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^from what I've read, driver/passenger windows can't be tinted in MI. I'm in the same boat (live in MI) and will go light enough on the fronts to not draw attention. I think if you can be "seen" through the tint, you are fine.
Michigan Window Tint Law - TintCenter.com

35% is good. Yeah I think you're right on that, as long as you are seen then there isn't a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts