Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am going to get tint done soon on my new 300c SRT-8.
I'm thinking of doing 20% all around (not the shield)
But can't decide if I like 5% on rear three and 20% on the front windows... or just stick with 20% I live in KCMO so the limit in 35% on the fronts and any on the rears? What do you all think?

·
Registered
979 Posts
this is a tough decision i wouldnt want to pinpoint what exactly to get. Check out some of the old tint threads with these 300's with a ton of various percentages. I run limo on my truck, on my car i plan to run 20% because in my truck i cant see without sticking my head out the window when backing up. Personally i think now a tint such as 20% looks a little more luxurious than limo but its something you just figure out on your own i guess. So again i would say look at old threads with tint pictures and decide which one you like. Because your gonna get people saying everything trust me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input todd...... I know I'm just feeling everywhere is't such a big decision you know... haha

·
Registered
90 Posts
this is a tough decision i wouldnt want to pinpoint what exactly to get. Check out some of the old tint threads with these 300's with a ton of various percentages. I run limo on my truck, on my car i plan to run 20% because in my truck i cant see without sticking my head out the window when backing up. Personally i think now a tint such as 20% looks a little more luxurious than limo but its something you just figure out on your own i guess. So again i would say look at old threads with tint pictures and decide which one you like. Because your gonna get people saying everything trust me.
I have limo on my 300 and I can see find in my rear view mirrior, but at night you can't. I like it bc they cant see inside the window which is cool bc theives cant window shop if you know what I mean

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whether what % u do, i recommend doing at all the same so all the windows flow correctly
Thanks thats what i'm really trying to figure out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
20%

I had mine done at 20% and to be honest, when I back out of my garage at night, it is difficult to see if someone may be walking down the street. I like the 20% and don't think I would change my mind. It does help with the heat and the glare so I do not feel that going darker would be that much of a benefit.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i say go as dark as you can without causing trouble for yourself...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Limo (5%) is tough to see through at night, I made that mistake on an old car. I currently have 25% and couldnt be happier. I have no problem seeing out the windows at night. Just make sure to double check your blind spot when changing lanes. Here a pic of my 25% to help you decide.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I did 20% on all 4 sides and went with the 5% limo on the back glass and top of my windshield. Backing up is a problem @ night if you are in a dark area and I rarely, if ever have to flip my rearview mirror at night but I wouldn't change a thing if I had a chance!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
20% Tint

Just got my car done earlier this afternoon. I went with 20% all around with a dark interior it will appear darker. I had a strip also done in 20% on the top of the windshield.

Even if you go with 20% you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went 5% all the way around. It is very dark at night, but thats what the back up sensors and a back up camera are for. If you have the sunroof its real nice during teh day. They cant see in but you get pkanty of light. If i close the sunroof i dont have to wear sunglasses. With such a sweet ride you have to keep everyone guessing who is inside.
Tint does set this car off though. very nice
Later
B

·
Registered
760 Posts
I would at least get the 20% or even darker. Also, as someone previously mentioned get all the windows the same %. Mine are at 5% all around and IMO it's perfect.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
5% on sides and rear -- 35% over whole windshield and 5% about 10" down the windshield, over the 35'%

5% FTW

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have limo on all but the shield. Its a little dark at night but i love the fact people cant see in! I would do the shield but it would be to hard to see. Ill post pics later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts