Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i need to find a good tint shop to tint my 300 in the tacoma/seattle area. i tried to trade my 300 in for an SUV and it didnt not work out as planned. these cars drop in trade value way too much! so if any of you guys know a good tint shop i can head out to, let me know. im heading to las vegas for vacation in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Midnight Window Tinting, best tinters in seattle i will put that on anything, and its a set price i belive, $200 for no matter how dark!!!! 13722 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA (206) 306-9896

·
Registered
289 Posts
Trade-value will suck for any car Iron. Even though this is still one of the hottest selling cars, that rule still applies. I would look into doing a private sale with your car....that market is still very good with 300's, especially for 300c's.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ill look into it when it is time to sell the car. i will probably have this car through next summer

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you tried to sell it in Puyallup dealerships... they seem to be pretty aggressive at low-balling your trade well below KBB. Walking away is usually the best thing to do. They often will call you back in a couple days if they really wanted to sell you the car.

This is especially true if you try to do it a week-or-so before the end of the month. What's special about that time? If the dealership is "borrowing" to show the cars, it is the time when the next month's payment is due. For a $40K car, that's ~$500. Since they usually can't raise the price of the car, they have to eat that cost.

Another great time is... if the dealership is trying to boast "biggest dealer in the area," they often need to sell more cars to get the manufacturer kick-backs (I know the japanese car companies do this, I don't know about DC) which can be substantial to the dealer and thus keep it's claim. They will often do some extra-ordinary things to keep this, but you have to figure out when this is going on.

CMIUC :burnout:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i have purchased almost 10 different cars between puyallup and tacoma/fife. i always buy at the end of the month. that is the best time.

getting back on subject, any other tint shops recommended? i found one in auburn, wa that quoted me at $150 but that was last summer. i forgot the name of the shop! im looking all over for the name of that shop. i would do it myself but i am not good at trimming the tint at the edge of the window.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i decided to try something different for tint. there is a tint shop on aurora ave in seattle that sells precut tint on ebay. i went with them to give it a shot and purchased a full kit for $18. they have a full warranty and everything. ill let you guys know how this turns out in the end. i know this is totally different and people have mixed ideals about precut tint but im down for giving it a shot. i already know how to tint (just suck at cutting the tint up right!).

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just got some tint for my bday present from the folks and as soon as it warms up i'll be installing it myself. never done it before. on a side note I think its good to hear ya still have the 300.

·
Registered
333 Posts
yeah i have purchased almost 10 different cars between puyallup and tacoma/fife. i always buy at the end of the month. that is the best time.

getting back on subject, any other tint shops recommended? i found one in auburn, wa that quoted me at $150 but that was last summer. i forgot the name of the shop! im looking all over for the name of that shop. i would do it myself but i am not good at trimming the tint at the edge of the window.
If you are up in the Bellevue area (or don't mind the drive :) ), check out Mr. Tint & Sun. I've had mine done for almost 4 years now. No bubbles or defects.

Where did I find out about him? I had a X5 Beamer at the time and asked where they got their windows tinted. A friend had a Mercedes and his dealership pointed them to Mr. Tint.

I had 35% on all the side and 20% on the rear. Make sure you do not put metal tint on your read window or you'll lose radio reception. I had to pay a bit more to get the ceramic tint. The whole job was just below $300 with taxes (if I remember correctly).

CMIUC :burnout:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got some tint for my bday present from the folks and as soon as it warms up i'll be installing it myself. never done it before. on a side note I think its good to hear ya still have the 300.

yeah its nice i still have it but i still dont know how the hell i will transport 4 kids and 2 adults in it. even if i wait till the summer, i probably wont be able to trade out of it because it dropped so bad in trade value

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine done in Kirkland, WA at Jay's Tint & style. 425 825-5560
It was $288.50 for Carbon Series Sun Tek Tint. 35% the Legal limit. So far so good

·
Registered
60 Posts
midnight tinting on aurora in shoreline or their abouts just did mine. Nice job and their dark... real dark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts